“Such fun!”

Cuisines: Swiss
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I took my daughter and great aunt here on a Wednesday evening having booked a table in advance. I'm so glad I did! This is quite a small and informal restaurant. Indeed the small room is called the restaurant and the larger one with the bar is called the café. There isn't really any difference between them in the evening. We went specifically for the fondue and there was plenty of choice there. You could also have raclette, salads, fish and meat. We chose the Moitié-Moitié fondue which is apparently half Gruyere and half Emmenthal. We also had a glass of Gamay, a green tea and a Coke Zero. Total cost including tip €80. If you visit this restaurant you have to expect it to be informal, noisy and a lot of fun. About 15-20 minutes after we were seated, some quite loud military music was being played. I was just wondering whether to ask them to turn it down, when one of the waiters appeared wearing a kepi and brandishing a Swiss flag. He proceeded to put the kepi on my head and handed me the flag while he brought the fondue and bread. All a surprise and very good fun. The fondue was lovely and, much to my astonishment, we did actually finish it although I didn't think we would. I admit that this is probably not the most romantic of venues, but for an authentic taste of Switzerland with a good dollop of laughs, you would find it hard to beat the Three Whistles!

Reviewed 11 March 2014

authentic Fondu, interactive atmosphere, very nice presentation, special music and Swiss flag. delicious food. Staff very friendly. traditional, a good place for travellers to know about Swiss cooking style.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Had several visits here mostly when we had visitors to introduce them to a Swiss evening with a twist! The fondus are very good especially the beer one which we had this week.Would suggest ordering a mix of food for the table and not just fondu for everyone as the other dishes are also very good. Staff are very friendly and it has a great atmosphere which (I agree with another comment) ..is often lacking in restaurants here. Make sure you reserve a table...it is very popular!

Reviewed 11 March 2014

The restaurant had an old-world and light-hearted atmosphere. It's well-known for cheese and tradional dishes.You walk through a friendly bar where locals meet for drinks to the restaurant and a typical Swiss room in the back. The fondue was creamy and delicious, as was the local white wine. I think we had Chardonne.
It was fun when the waitress wearing some old Swiss army clothes brought our fondue to the table to a military fanfare. However, we heard this several times during the evening - every time fondue was served!!!

Reviewed 3 March 2014

In this restaurant, eating a Fondue is very special. They will present the Fondue, accompanied by some special music and with a flag. The Fondue is very good, also there's always enough bread to eat. The wine we had was a perfect match and was very good for the chees.