“Nice little Swiss restaurant”
Review of Le Mazot

Le Mazot
Ranked #2 of 105 Restaurants in Vevey
Cuisines: Swiss
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Our family of 5 ate dinner here on our 1st day in Switzerland. It is located in a small alley in the little quaint town of Vevey, close to the lake. This is our first time eating a real cheese fondue. It was a really strong aged cheese flavor. My husband had a pork dish which was delicious. The waitress was really nice, polite and very helpful. She tried her best to speak English. A very pleasant experience.

1  Thank PalanggaTexas
There are newer reviews for Le Mazot

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Great food, simply prepared by a hard working, yet enthusiastic and friendly staff of 3. The steaks were perfectly prepared and the frites were crispy. It is a small and cozy place that feels like it has been around forever.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We were looking for somewhere to eat in velvet as we were staying at the kempinski. Quick check on trip advisor from where we were walking and le mazot was recommended

We were not disappointed, two guys had the pork chop and I had the horse steak, very well cooked, friendly waitress, local atmosphere, the Swiss red wine that was recommended was great, we had more than one....

Would recommend anyone to try the place. Good job.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

We were looking for somewhere to eat on a wet Monday night when we spotted Le Mazot. The name was familiar from Tripadvisor reviews so we gave it a go. A small room with plenty of local customers. Charming atmosphere, friendly service. Our conservative choices of perch and rosti were very tasty and washed down with local wine and beer. Maybe next time we will try the cheval and the escargots.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

After wandering around Vevey in search of a different restaurant and being unable to find it, our family of 5 with three young children saw Le Mazot. I remembered the name and checked my notes and sure enough, it was on my list of good places to eat in Vevey. That was an understatement. We arrived about 6pm. They were completely booked (make reservations if you can!) BUT she said that we could eat outside if we wanted as long as we could be finished by 8pm as the table was reserved at that time. We were perfectly fine with that. We were starving and with the kids, we never linger over meals. The restaurant handled my daughter's food allergies with care and food arrived quickly. I had the local specialty, perch, my husband had the pork, my youngest son had spaghetti, my daughter had a croquet monsieur and my very picky oldest son ordered horse, yes, horse. We all thoroughly enjoyed our meals. Service was superb. We would have ordered dessert but we wanted to be sure to leave them time to clear the table before the 8pm reservation showed up. We would definitely return!