All reviewslake genevalake viewindoor pooljunior suitelac lemanleaders clubevery eveningcorner suitespa facilitiesservice was impeccablespecial hotelluxury hotelold styleold worldcourse dinnernespresso machineglass of wine
Reviewed 1 November 2012

We were at this hotel for a wedding. The hotel is fabulous from an architectural point of view. When we arrived, a staff member showed us all the hotel amenities and was very friendly. We asked for an early checkin and the room was ready. The room was super small but clean and comfortable (feather pillows). The bathroom was also small and there was no bath tube but we had everything we needed. The spa is also very nice. Moreover, they offer you teas and fresh fruits in the resting room of the spa. I give a 4 out of 5 and not a 5 for two reasons: I am a big fan of food and restaurants and the restaurant was disappointing, the meal I choose was very greasy, I didn't finish it. Moreover, we never received butter with our bread and when we were asked by the sommelier if we wanted wine and we said no because we had an evening the same night and didn't want to drink for lunch time he made a weird face, staring at us wondering what we were doing there. It was very rude for a 5* hotel. In the end, a very good experience that met my expectations and they price we paid for.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Judi2607
jaygauer, General Manager at Hotel des Trois Couronnes, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2012

Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us. Your feedback is extremely important as it helps us to improve our service.

Thank you for your general positive remarks on our property and please excuse us for the food quality and the poor attitude of our Sommelier. I hereby would like to let you know that it is clearly not our policy to make our guests fell uncomfortable because they do not order wine or any other item from our menus. Further to your comment, we have gathered our team leaders in order to make sure such an attitude will not happen again. As for the butter which did not come with your bread, we offer our guests olive oil instead of it because it is heathier, but butter is always available upon demand.

We remain at your disposal and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Vevey.

Yours faithfully,

Jay Gauer
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 23 September 2012

Unfortunatley I had my wallet stolen while I was walking round Vevey. I was very grateful that I was staying at the Hotel des Trois Couronnesas as the concierge there rang the police on my behalf to state tmy wallet had been stolen in Vevey. He then personally took me to the police station and interpreted with the Vevy police so I could explain what had happened and they could fill out a document I could use for an insurance claim. The concierge then went further out of his way to show me an ATM location and wait while I checked that another card (fortunately) I had kept at the hotel would work. I call this servide extraordinary considering how most UK hotels would not provide such a service for a guest. I ow a huge debt of gratitude to the Hotel des Trois Couronnes and the concierge who helped me yesterday

Apart from this, the hotel is extremely comfortable with amazing lake views and charming and helpful staff and exceptional service. It has been modernised without sacrificing its historic feel and traditions. We found Vevy to be an extremely pleasant small twon to wander round with a theoldest parts pedestrianised and many unusual shops. We will certainly stay at the Hotel des Trois Couronnes the next time we are in Switzerland

Room Tip: Try for a room on the top floor to get uniterrupted lake views
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Simon H
Reviewed 18 September 2012

We spent 5 nights in a beautiful suite, a generous upgrade, with 5 windows on the lake and mountains. This historic hotel continues it's tradition of superlative hospitality with the addition of modern day enhancements. It is a place to go to relax, recover and rejuvenate. The caring and well trained staff will spoil you, the food delight you and the views astound you.
Our bedroom was supremely comfortable . The large "marshmallow" bed a delight and it was very quiet. Our large, light and airy bathroom was serviced to the highest standards twice each day and was equipped with beautiful towels by Frette and amenities from Molton Brown. I loved the view over the lake from the bath! The sitting room offered 2 balconies to sit on,a very welcome N'Espresso machine and we were supplied with fresh fruit and plenty of water each day. Storage was ample but we felt the lighting in this room was maybe in need of updating.
Beautiful public rooms are historically correct and the Moorish fountain a delight to listen to on a hot day.

This was our fourth visit and we were not disappointed. I have written much previously about this beautiful hotel but we never fail to be spellbound by the views over the glistening lake to the mighty pre Alps beyond. Dawn showed the lake at it's most beguiling for us on this visit with mist clearing to show the glassy surface of the lake . If I am honest I could watch the scenery from dawn to dusk as the lake never looks the same twice. Happily we had 3 balconies to watch from but it is always a treat to dine alfresco and enjoy world class food as the light is fading behind the mountains. If you are lucky you will see them and the lake turn pink.

The gorgeous swimming pool is heated to the perfect temperature and we thoroughly enjoyed our early and not so early morning swims. The Spa is immaculately maintained and it's lake side terrace well patronised.

Breakfast is now a relaxed affair, enjoyable but missing the service skills we had experienced during previous visits.

We hired a car this time and enjoyed visiting places like the little town of Gruyere, touring the Unesco vinyards of the Lavaux as well as driving to Lausanne and then getting a steamer for the short hop over to the French town of Evian les Bains. Vevey makes a good base too if you don't want to drive as there are several fabulous scenic railway journeys nearby to enjoy,or you can a get a tram to Montreux from the back of the hotel. Steamers will pick you up from Vevey so you can sail round to Lausanne, Montreux, the Castle of Chillon or even on to Geneva. There is much to see and do in this beautiful part of Switzerland. It is one of favourite and, we think most beautiful spots in Europe.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Contessa
Reviewed 16 September 2012

At the little town of Vevey, in Switzerland, there is a particularly comfortable hotel. There are, indeed, many hotels, for the entertainment of tourists is the business of the place, which, as many travelers will remember, is seated upon the edge of a remarkably blue lake—a lake that it behooves every tourist to visit. The shore of the lake presents an unbroken array of establishments of this order, of every category, from the "grand hotel" of the newest fashion, with a chalk-white front, a hundred balconies, and a dozen flags flying from its roof, to the little Swiss pension of an elder day, with its name inscribed in German-looking lettering upon a pink or yellow wall and an awkward summerhouse in the angle of the garden. One of the hotels at Vevey, however, is famous, even classical, being distinguished from many of its upstart neighbors by an air both of luxury and of maturity. In this region, in the month of June, American travelers are extremely numerous; it may be said, indeed, that Vevey assumes at this period some of the characteristics of an American watering place. There are sights and sounds which evoke a vision, an echo, of Newport and Saratoga. There is a flitting hither and thither of "stylish" young girls, a rustling of muslin flounces, a rattle of dance music in the morning hours, a sound of high-pitched voices at all times. You receive an impression of these things at the excellent inn of the "Trois Couronnes" and are transported in fancy to the Ocean House or to Congress Hall. But at the "Trois Couronnes," it must be added, there are other features that are much at variance with these suggestions: neat German waiters, who look like secretaries of legation; Russian princesses sitting in the garden; little Polish boys walking about held by the hand, with their governors; a view of the sunny crest of the Dent du Midi and the picturesque towers of the Castle of Chillon.

I hardly know whether it was the analogies or the differences that were uppermost in the mind of a young American, who, two or three years ago, sat in the garden of the "Trois Couronnes," looking about him, rather idly, at some of the graceful objects I have mentioned. It was a beautiful summer morning, and in whatever fashion the young American looked at things, they must have seemed to him charming. He had come from Geneva the day before by the little steamer, to see his aunt, who was staying at the hotel—Geneva having been for a long time his place of residence. But his aunt had a headache—his aunt had almost always a headache—and now she was shut up in her room, smelling camphor, so that he was at liberty to wander about. He was some seven-and-twenty years of age; when his friends spoke of him, they usually said that he was at Geneva "studying."
--Henry James, "Daisy Miller," 1878

Room Tip: Lake view, of course.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Trevorkew
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Everything about this hotel is excellent, from the moment you make your booking to the moment they wave you off. The reservations team totally surpassed my expectations with their help, advice & efficiency, & made sure that all the special requests I'd made were accomodated.

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights with our young son. The hotel staff went out of their way to welcome our little boy & make him feel comfortable in surroundings that might have been intimidating to a 2 year old. I would definitely recommend this hotel to families looking for an elegant hotel experience, but it is not a super casual, laid back kind of environment if that is what suits your family.

Our bedroom was lovely - amazing views of Lake Geneva, spacious & spotlessly clean thanks to the superb housekeeping service. Every thought had been given to making guests of any age comfortable in their room. My only criticism of the room was the noisy air conditioning which disturbed me during the night.

I thought the room rate charged was good value for money given the excellence of our stay and the hotel's location & lovely facilities. What makes this hotel expensive are the extras - breakfast, drinks etc so bear that in mind.

• Stayed: August 2012