All reviewslake genevalake viewindoor pooljunior suitelac lemanleaders clubevery eveningcorner suitespa facilitiesservice was impeccablespecial hotelluxury hotelold styleold worldcourse dinnernespresso machineglass of wine
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Beautiful "Old World Hotel" in the best possible location with a very friendly and professional staff. Rooms appear to be newly renovated and a perfect balance between contemporary and old world charm was found.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank CStKauai
Reviewed 22 July 2013

This was the third year in a row that I went to Switzerland for Montreux Jazz Festival and I stayed at Hotel des Trois Couronnes with my wife and 14-year old daughter. After we checked in and after the first night we realized that there is a construction going on in front of our room. We discussed this with the staff (which by the way they are multi-lingual and very knowledgable) and they immediately upgraded our room to a suite facing east and far enough from the noise, and great view of Lake Geneva. It couldn't be better and we loved the spacious suite (which accommodated my daughter in an attached but separate room) and had a small balcony. As usual, we were given free bus passes throughout our stay and plenty of free WI-FI for all our devices. There is a famous Spa in this hotel and a very nice indoor pool. Loved it!

Room Tip: Until the construction in the building opposite the hotel is not finished, make sure to ask for a room facing east or south. Take your swimsuit with you.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank AmirMohsen32
Reviewed 17 June 2013

A beautiful grand classic, with a terrace that looks out on the lake and the mountains; a prime example of what top notch Swiss hotels look like. The five star facilities, comfort and convenience naturally come at a price, but compared to the high cost of hotels in Geneva, this is not unreasonable.

What are my nitpicks? First, service is old fashioned Swiss, i.e. everything taught in good hotel schools, but more polite than attentive or responsive to a guest's needs. It's not one big thing but many little things that make for a correct rather than a warm welcome. Next, the Michelin starred restaurant was disappointing. Simply put, neither the quality of the food nor the service was fully up to par. All in all, glad I visited (I kept some pictures) , but I am not eager to return.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 123RMB
Reviewed 6 June 2013

a stay at Hotel des trois couronnes will certainly be comfortable, nutritious and expensive.
the room price is justified if you have one nice, newly refurbished bedroom , with view on the lake , it is expensive if you stay in a traditional room with view ( and a little bit of noise) on the street .
the breakfast is excellent , many options, everything fresh, interesting fruit juices , worth the try.
the gym is rather small, but not usually overcrowded , as the age average of hosts prevent them from excessive activity.
the restaurant food is great , and weather permitting, a dinner on the terrace is a romantic opportunity .
the personel is most efficient and helpful even the french employees .

Room Tip: ask for view to the lake and in the refurbished part.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Hadn't been here for about 3 years and it was great to be back! The hotel, which was top historic hotel in Switzerland in 2003 has just celebrated winning its first Michelin star for the restaurant and it is really well deserved. Although I did not eat in the restaurant this time, my ravioli served in the bar on the Saturday night was pretty enough to paint! They gave me an upgrade to a junior suite by way of apology that the swimming pool was closed for repairs. Instead of a room overlooking the garden of the Vevey museum and part of the lake, I had a huge room with lounge area and balcony direct over Lake Geneva with stunning views both east and west.

Yes it is an expensive hotel but it truly is one of the best I've ever stayed in and the whole experience is worth it.

Yet again, everything was wonderful, the staff are worth their weight in gold and it feels so much as if I am a long lost friend every time I go. Can't wait for the next visit with my mother in September!

Room Tip: The rooms with full lake view are more expensive but worth it for the jaw dropping vista, however the rooms looking to the side next to the Vevey museum have a side lake view and get gorgeous sunrises.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo