“My favourite restaurant in Vevey”
Review of La Clef

La Clef
Ranked #30 of 130 Restaurants in Vevey
Cuisines: Swiss
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

It is my favourite restaurant in Vevey. Even if the first time that I went in, some years ago, I left it without even seating. I got afraid about the kitsch decoration.
But, now I love it is decoration without age.
Menu is short but it offers traditional local dishes such as steak tartare or perches meuniere.
The restaurant is a traditional Vevey even if the owner and waiter are Italian.
And, the last but not the least you can eat in the table where JP Rousseau seated.
If you go to Vevey, go there. And it is not expensive.

Reviewed 21 June 2017

They have a short menú but the Quality is excellent. You should try the steak tartare and les perches meunières. The decoration couldn't be more kisch but once you get used it's even charming. When you enter for the first time you are tempted to go away. Don't do it, stay, it will be worth. If you are a fan of JJ Rousseau ask to be seated in his table. Service is serious if you are not a local customer but it's efficient and profesional

Reviewed 31 January 2017

Popular with locals. Quiet. Nice views. Rustic. Good value food. Easy parking nearby or on stret outside.

Reviewed 25 October 2016 via mobile

I love this little place. I love brussel styles mussels and on this place they just nail them wich was a lovely surprise as I did not know what expect as we are ... well far away from the north sea.

I live in montreux (the town next door) so Income here everyb2 weeks or so. They never fail to impress.

Reviewed 17 July 2016

I agree with all the reviews here. We are glad that we walked the few blocks from the main square parking area to sit on the patio and enjoy the salade, filets de perche and frites. The perche had a very subtle curry sauce, which we asked for on the side.All were delicious, and enjoyed with a glass of local white wine. The patio was shaded by umbrellas. We were served by a charming lady who appeared to be the manager (or the owner?) The locals who came for their lunch hour were served promptly to be able to get back to work. The ladies who lunch at the next table were enjoying their after lunch wine both before we arrived, and after we left. A charming relaxed ambiance.
The bonus for us is that the restaurant is in a house where Jean Jacques Rousseau once lived, and we had just finished reading his autobiography, Confessions.