“Very cool”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Lausanne, Switzerland
“Very cool”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

As far as I’m concerned this is a very cool spot. Not only do you have a happening lively bar inside and out, you also have a restaurant with great food (the wine list could be a bit more exotic) and a disco. I recently had a delicious healthy fish dish “Fera du Léman”. If in Vevey with a spare hour or 2, go there.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Nina B

Vevey, Switzerland
“Trendy lunch date!”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

You will not be disappointed when having lunch at The National whether being on your own, you beloved one, friend or else. A place for young and old with this little trendy touch in an easy going environment. Quality of the food is very good, service comes with a big smile and efficient.
Book yourself in as it get's quite busy at lunch times and just enjoy!

• Visited January 2014
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Relaxed, quality, fun”
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

We didn't know what to expect but the hotel recommended so we went. Informal, very relaxed and young crowd, but the food was interesting, fresh and high quality. Vegetable broth with whole pieces of vegetable in clear tea cups. Excellent grainy bread. Grilled tuna with vegetable terrine was fresh, colorful and artfully served. Service was good but not excellent, and desserts were generous and yummy. Great for a relaxed evening out with friends.

Montreux
“Whatever...”
Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

So, I was out on a long due romantic date with my boyfriend, I had chosen the place that evening as I really wanted to treat him to something nice... I had heard some nice comments from friends and also read the reviews here.

We were so disappointed about the food... Only each entree would cost CHF 36.- and to be honest it didn't blow us away, my boyfriend ordered some lamb and you could smell it from my place... Disgusting. I ordered a grilled Tuna steak and I would make a better one at my place a Monday evening when I am lazy.

I prefer 10000 times to have something at Harry's Bar, will even pay a bit less but food will be flawless.

Service was alright though, they were very prompt and professional and atmosphere was "modern" and different compared to the other restaurants around the area.

If you want to have drinks and maybe some nibbles you are at the right place but never again for dinner. Ever.

• Visited September 2013
Canton of Geneva, Switzerland
“Young and exciting”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We walked past La National a number of times on our way back to the hostel. Every time we walked by I got the felling we were passing an event, like some sort of joyous party was going on there. The we realized it was a restaurant and went in...
What we found inside was indeed a party, but everybody seemed to be invited. There were families, young couples, elderly couples, girls nights out, guys nights out, and teenagers. The place is cool, really cool. something of a cross between a beer garden, a bistro, a Shanti meeting place and an avant-garde film festival with upgraded, innovative food, interesting beers, local wines and professional service.

• Visited September 2013