“Best Indian Food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Khana Mandir

Khana Mandir
Reserve with
Khana Mandir is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 78 Restaurants in Nyon
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
“Best Indian Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

Until this Resto opened I found most nearby Indian restaurants mediocre to poor.

This restaurant has brought in an experienced Dehli chef who experiments with his cuisine. The result is an experience that beats it's competition and makes it hard for anyone to reach.

The service is exceptional. I often go for lunch, however, also went for dinner. It's always busy and the good has never let me down. The head manager is extremely well experienced too and I found him as always very caring to ensure that any special requests are met. I ask for hotter food and get it perfectly done to taste. For those unable to tolerate tongue lashing then you will find they can match your desires.

The bar area is also inviting and the style of the interior is well thought out and simply delighting.

I have eaten in all nearby restaurants, this remains the no.1 Swiss Indian experience!

Geneva, Switzerland
“One of rare good places in surrounding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

We are vegetarian couple, lover of very fine food. This restaurant is one of the best we ever visited. We eat there at least once a week.
The food is excellent, made just the way you ask for it (if there are special wishes), the service its great, they would find always time for a small chit-chat with guests and in the same being very quiche in service. They keep it very clean and pleasant - design with a indian touch, but not too much :-)
The place is separated in two parts: restaurant and bar. If you prefer slightly "cooler" atmosphere, your lunch or indian snack will be served in the bar.
Whatever is written here is not enough - everybody should go there and find out!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank MoiCoquine
Alicante, Comunidad Valenciana, Spain
“Excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

We had lunch at Khana Mandir for the first time on Saturday... we were drawn in by the decor and were thrilled that we stopped here.

It has been a long time since I have had indian food in a restaurant and didn't have high expectations... I was more than pleasantly surprised.

The food was superb (the best tandoori shrimp ever).. and all the dishes were prepared carefully with excellent flavours and beautifully presented. The service was charming.

Maybe give some thought to the background music to create a little better ambience.

I would recommend this to anyone looking for high quality indian food and will definitely go again when I return to the area.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lynne B
“The best Indian in the area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

My wife being Indian by origin we have tried most Indian restaurants in the area, including neighbouring France. Khana Mandir is an excellent restaurant and in my opinion the best in the area. The food is very delicately flavoured and the spices are well balanced contrary to others. If you like your food spicy, they will gladly comply. The set lunches are particularly good value. The menu à la carte carries a good variety of dishes, the prices however tend to be on the high side. I however find that at times they adapt the cooking a little too much to the European taste, but that's very personal. The service is very friendly and professional, they certainly know their stuff. The decor is nice and sober and the terrace in summer is very agreable. So, if you feel an urge for Indian food, go to Khana Mandir, you will not be disappointed.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Dominique D
Geneva, Switzerland
“Outstandingly good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

Am not in the habit of re-reviewing restaurants, but I am going to break the habit just this once! Reason being - the last meal I had here was quite simply one of the best meals I have eaten. Have been a couple of times this year and each time the food and service has gone up a notch. Delicious street-food nibbles offered with our drinks this time, followed by monkfish skewers, exquisitely spiced and perfectly cooked. Next, for me, beautiful prawns with a hint of coconut to the Indian spicing. I am afraid I can't do justice to the food with my descriptions, but if you are looking for a superior dining experience, you should head here. Dare I say it, should be no 1 in Nyon.

• Visited August 2013