“Best Indian restaurant between Geneva and Lausanne...”
Review of Khana Mandir

Khana Mandir
Reserve with
Khana Mandir is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 79 Restaurants in Nyon
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
geneva
“Best Indian restaurant between Geneva and Lausanne...”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Situated in the quaint town of Nyon this place serves the most authentic Indian food in the region.
The whole crew is from India so you can't go wrong.Their signature dishes are great.If they have time they will even go out of their way and make you something special.Mango lassi's and kulfi's are exceptionnel.If you want a trip to India without leaving Switzerland this is your place.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank angelo65Geneva

Geneva, Switzerland
“Good for a business lunch”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

My partner and I were in Nyon and decided to have lunch. Since it was quite early (just around noon) we found a table even though we had no reservation, but I would recommend to book as the place filled up quite fast. The place is very nice, even though very dark: we were having lunch but it almost felt like a dinner!
The food is very nice and balanced and the menu can be found at this link http://www.mumbaibar.ch/.
They have interesting daily menus as well and especially business men seem to appreciate them.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank di-TABS
“Best Indian Food”
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

Until this Resto opened I found most nearby Indian restaurants mediocre to poor.

This restaurant has brought in an experienced Dehli chef who experiments with his cuisine. The result is an experience that beats it's competition and makes it hard for anyone to reach.

The service is exceptional. I often go for lunch, however, also went for dinner. It's always busy and the good has never let me down. The head manager is extremely well experienced too and I found him as always very caring to ensure that any special requests are met. I ask for hotter food and get it perfectly done to taste. For those unable to tolerate tongue lashing then you will find they can match your desires.

The bar area is also inviting and the style of the interior is well thought out and simply delighting.

I have eaten in all nearby restaurants, this remains the no.1 Swiss Indian experience!

Geneva, Switzerland
“One of rare good places in surrounding”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

We are vegetarian couple, lover of very fine food. This restaurant is one of the best we ever visited. We eat there at least once a week.
The food is excellent, made just the way you ask for it (if there are special wishes), the service its great, they would find always time for a small chit-chat with guests and in the same being very quiche in service. They keep it very clean and pleasant - design with a indian touch, but not too much :-)
The place is separated in two parts: restaurant and bar. If you prefer slightly "cooler" atmosphere, your lunch or indian snack will be served in the bar.
Whatever is written here is not enough - everybody should go there and find out!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank MoiCoquine
Alicante, Comunidad Valenciana, Spain
“Excellent”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We had lunch at Khana Mandir for the first time on Saturday... we were drawn in by the decor and were thrilled that we stopped here.

It has been a long time since I have had indian food in a restaurant and didn't have high expectations... I was more than pleasantly surprised.

The food was superb (the best tandoori shrimp ever).. and all the dishes were prepared carefully with excellent flavours and beautifully presented. The service was charming.

Maybe give some thought to the background music to create a little better ambience.

I would recommend this to anyone looking for high quality indian food and will definitely go again when I return to the area.

• Visited November 2013