“Nice place to stay”
Review of Hotel Des Alpes

Hotel Des Alpes
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Nyon
Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed the location and stay at the hotel. Nice option to leave in when in nyo Switzerland. It is right in the heart of the small town making visiting the vicinity simple. Good friendly staff make the stay even better

• Stayed: November 2013

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I stayed at the hotel for three nights a few months ago for business. The higher rated hotels in town were sold out. I agree with the other reviewers - the staff was nice and spoke English very well. I walked from the Nyon train station to the hotel. The room itself is pretty dated and the bathroom was certainly less than desirable. They certainly need to invest in updating the rooms and especially the bathrooms.
However, I slept fine on the bed and the linens were reasonably clean. FYI: There's like two-three English channels on TV. The hotel was really close to the shopping mall, restaurants, chocolate shop, etc. I was only in the room for a few hours every night so it didn't bother me that much. Breakfast was included but I only had orange juice, a banana and croissants. I didn't feel brave about attempting the cold cuts.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Stayed here on business. Lovely views of the lake but the room was very average with poor internet connectivity. We had dinner in Nyon town but it took nearly an hour to get a taxi. We should have stayed at the hotel as the restaurant there looked very nice with a beautiful patio to sit out on.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Nicholas A
Reviewed 16 March 2013

The staff that work here are nice and agreeable, and the restaurant was pretty decent (although service is pretty typically cool, even by Swiss standards), but the room was just awful. I asked for a quiet room as I had arrived on a red eye flight from the US (they did let me check in at 8 a.m. which is a plus and should be recognized), so they put me in a dark room that had a window to a fire escape. There was barely enough room to swing a cat, the bed(s) were small and uncomfortable, the only plug I could find was hard to gain access to, there really wasn't even a desk to speak of, and the bathroom was pretty dingy. Overall the place just depressed me.

Also, very expensive wifi - especially in this day and age. I would only stay here again as a last resort.

I peeked in on a different room, facing the lake, at it seemed better - at least a nice view and natural light.

Room Tip: Try to get a room w/ a view of the Lake
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank tourismspecialist88
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I had to stay one night recently when I couldn't get home because of a blizzard. The single room was adequate, but it seemed expensive (158 CHF I think). I chose not to have breakfast as I thought it was likely to be expensive for what it was and it was better to buy a fresh pain chocolat and get a drink at the station, as I was taking the train again first thing in the morning. I am always annoyed by smart hotels not offering free wifi - when will they learn that this is important for today's travellers and cheap hostel offer free wifi as a matter of course. One of the most helpful things I discovered was that they offered a free toothbrush and toothpaste, which was really useful since I had nothing with me as I wasn't expecting to stay away from home overnight. The en suite bathroom was bright and probably quite newly decorated; the room was less so.

Room Tip: Much better if you look out over the lake than out of the back - but you probably pay more
Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MarionBurkimsher
Reviewed 31 January 2013

I had to stay here for a work related trip and noticed that there were many others who were there for similar reasons. For the amount charged for the room the facilities and services were purely crap! The only good thing about this hotel is the fact that it is located close to the train station.
The room was the size of a shoebox. The fixtures and fittings were old and disgusting. I cringed when I went into the bathroom as it was so dingy. I was even
More horrified when I found someone's g-string hanging on the shower curtain. Obviously cleaners weren't doing a thorough job. Upon bringing this to the attention of the manager on duty - I didn't even receive an explanation or apology. Everyone seemed to blame the each other and I stood there watching this as they totally ignored the fact that I was still waiting for an answer.
I happened to drop my pen on the floor one night and as I leaned to retrieve it-looked under the bed to find bits of paper and dust balls that had accumulated there over goodness knows how long. So to test out whether they actually cleaned the room, I popped a couple more bits of paper under the bed and also put out the 'Please make up room sign' no surprises there when I got back that evening to a made up room with the garbage still under the bed.
Not recommended for families or for stays longer than a night.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Patricia M
Reviewed 16 November 2012

Easy to find walking only some minutes downtown in direction to the Lake Geneva I found this hotel building in traditional style expressing convenience and a save and pleasant stay. I spent the night in a nice clean aircon room with wifi, tv, minibar and phone, small floor and bathroom to take shower and use toilet. I asked the friendly receptionist where to find a typical swiss cocktailbar and he recommended me to go upstairs to the castle nearby only 10-15 minutes to walk, and this was a good place then to emjoy the atmosphere. I came back after midnight, the hotel was very calm and I could sleep excellent. Next morning I enjoyed the breakfast buffet, not luxury but good enough to choose among 2 kinds of fruit juice, tea, coffee, water, bread, croissants, butter, ham, cheese, marmelade, fruit ... grab an egg. I went out to do my business. When I checked out I looked around to find a souvenir from Switzerland, so I bought a Swiss pocket knife in the lobby which looks nice and remembers me of the stay there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with overview to the Lake of Geneva!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nyon
0 mi away
#3 of 8 in Nyon
Hotel La Barcarolle
Hotel La Barcarolle
#1 of 1 in Prangins

Been to Hotel Des Alpes? Share your experiences!