Hotel de l'Ange
US$260
US$254
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Le Rive(Nyon)(Great Value!)
US$204
US$161
US$156
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewswarm hospitalityboutique hotelroom was cleantwo nightsrailway stationginkeylake
Reviewed 17 October 2012

My usual (overpriced) corporately booked hotel wasn't available so this one was presented to me. And I was presently surprised when I checked out that it was CHF 120 cheaper than the usual place. Result!

The service was good, the people nice and the breakfast OK.

I would use it again during the winter although there are two issues (hence 4 stars not 5) for me that would make me hesitate.

Firstly, the rooms have no air con. Not an issue in October to April but I can guess that things would get pretty steamy in the summer. Opening windows would also result in lack of sleep due to the hotel's location.

And secondly, the bathroom window! To shave, go to the toilet or have a shower, you are in front of a large, only slightly frosted window - on the first floor I was level with a raised car park across the road and in the dark with the light on I felt very visible to the outside world! I would prefer a blind on the window.

Overall, though, I owuld stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Shenlad
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Hotel de L'Ange is The find in Nyon. The hotel is in a fantastic location, in addition, the newly renovated bar is beautiful and a wonderful meeting place The hotel is family owned and that feeling is conveyed from the moment you arrive. Phillippe is a wonderful host!
Hotel de L'Ange is definetly my new home away from home in the Geneva area.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank SonnieH46756
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Hotel de l'Ange is a lovely, simple and affordable hotel in the centre of Nyon - just a few minutes walk from both the station and the lake. Phillippe, the owner, was incredibly helpful and made sure that our weekend plans went smoothly. We could not have asked for more.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank PachitaBonita
Reviewed 27 June 2012

I stayed here for two nights when I was on a business trip and all other hotels were occupied.
The hotel de l'Ange is The worst hotel i have ever been to. Old, dirty, smelly, tiny room etc. if you are looking for a low cost solution rather bring the tent.

Room Tip: No alternative....I was told!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Jolek G
Reviewed 12 May 2012

Just spent a week at Hotel de l'Ange-the staff and manager (Phillippe) made our stay there very pleasant. The warm hospitality and feeling of "home away from home" is what we look for when traveling.We arrived early in the morning and were immediately welcomed in and there was no waiting for a room to be ready-we were accommodated right away. The room was always well kept and housekeeping made sure that we had fresh towels and that our room needs were met. Location was perfect-The hotel does not have all of the amenities that a 4 star hotel would have-but for the price, it was great. The feeling of casual stay is sometimes all you need to make a perfect vacation. Bon au revoir and merci!!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple