“Fine dining in a relaxed atmosphere”
Review of La Stuva

La Stuva
Ranked #14 of 33 Restaurants in Pontresina
Price range: US$15 - US$67
Cuisines: Swiss
Description: Tasty flagship! Our gourmet restaurant La Stüva is sure to delight gourmet enthusiasts. Designed in a style befitting the old Grison patrician houses, this is a true gem of a venue. The bearing structure, built from 200-year-old spruce together with precious furs radiates Alpine chic. Chef Peter Maxlmoser prepares fresh delicacies from, for the most part, local market produce. The La Stüva is the culinary flagship of the Hotel Walther.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fine dining in a relaxed atmosphere”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Nice jugendstil dining room with an array of different dishes. We somitimes ordered courses not listed on the menu but got them neverless if possible.
Service is outstanding. Most waiters are Italian and very funny and entertaining not lacking any attendance thereby.

Visited August 2014

Moscow, Russia
“High level cusine”
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

" La Stuva" restaurant is a place where definatly need to eat in Pontresina! Incredible taste of food , the compliments from chef - amazing!
I m a person that looking for a gourmet restaurant and this is one of the best places ...
The price is not too high, but it is a fair price for this amazing food!
Don't miss this Gourmet restaurant in Pontresina, with wonderful atmosphere!

• Visited March 2014
london
“bad service and over prized”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We recently went to the Stuva at the hotel Walther. It had been recommended by locals but we were disappointed. The service was confused and incompetent. Prosecco was served in wine glasses, our meals were mixed up and my mother got a very different fish dish to what she ordered. There is not one single vegetarian main meal on the menu which is scandalous in this day and age. It also shows the arrogance which was felt throughout the service. The food was well cooked on the whole but very pricey which would have been bearable if everything else was perfect. To top it all we were overcharged by 350 SF.
I sincerely hope the privately owned hotel manager will read this and make some changes.

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank korinna w
San Francisco, California
“Terrible Wait Staff with Attitude”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

My experience in the restaurant turned my opinion regarding this hotel around 180 degrees. I was staying at the hotel and went to the restaurant the first evening, expecting a five-star experience. When I went to the restaurant, there were no diners under the age of 60 and very few non-Swiss diners (or guests at the hotel). The service I received at the restaurant (which is a Relais and Chateau property and Michelin rated) was atrocious for a five star restaurant. There was a couple at the table next to mine, who were obviously of some importance and they were catered to very generously, which did not bother me in the slightest, until my waiter was scarce throughout the meal and then failed to appear after my main course. The table next to me had five servers (no exaggeration), while I was left for about 20 minutes waiting to order dessert and coffee. I finally just got up and went to the cheese buffet, when the waiter finally came back, he was cool and aloof and more than a bit self-important. I sat another 20 minutes or so when the Maitre'de came by and asked me if I wanted to order dessert and coffee. Then, I got very irritated, told him that I had ordered coffee 20 minutes ago and had never been asked about my dessert order, got up and left, and then complained to the Duty Manager and asked that my pension plan be cancelled. She assured me that the owner, Herr Walther would be informed. I finally got an apology from Fr. Walther, but only after posting a bad review online, although she was gracious and I do not doubt her sincerity. Unless your Swiss or a regular of this hotel skip the restaurant.

• Visited July 2013
5 Thank Tim S
Naples, Florida
“Traditional”
Reviewed 1 August 2012

A classic Swiss hotel with excellent food. We had the veal. The other diners were quite a bit older.

Visited June 2012