Grand Hotel Kronenhof
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Saratz(Pontresina)
  • Pool
Hotel Schloss Pontresina Family & Spa(Pontresina)
Hotel Rosatsch(Pontresina)
Hotel Station(Pontresina)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Mueller(Pontresina)
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsamazing spagourmet restaurantkulm hoteljunior suiteamazing hotelst moritzearly septemberbreathtaking viewsthe half board optionkids' clubbeautiful roomspa experiencespecial placeimpeccable serviceeach mealsmall villagegeneral manager
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Lovely traditional hotel, great facilities, good location, great views, good quality and choice of food and amazing service which just made us feel special

We wouldn't hesitate to return to this hotel or to recommend it

In a word Excellent !

Reviewed 30 August 2013

We spent a few days at the Kronenhof at the end of August. The hotel was super, immaculate. The staff friendly and absolutely professional. Service(s), breakfast etc of high quality. The spa is probably the best we have ever experienced. The location is ideal for the many trekking opportunities Pontresina offers. Everything was just perfect. We really enjoyed our stay and will certainly go back

Reviewed 24 August 2013

August 17 2013 a for nights stay at this wonderful Kronenhof hotel in Pontresina.
From the welcome of the GM of the hotel to the farewell everything was superbly orchestrated.
The Grand restaurant offered a fine dinning experience in the evening, as well a well stocked buffet for breakfast.
The bar was very welcoming with pleasant entertaining music and attentive saff.
The spa with stuning views over looking the glacier is a oasis of tranqulity.
And jus to top up, the jewel in the crown is the Kronenstubly restaurant with its Michelin stared food, service and cosy ambiance lead by the manager and her team.
Attention to detail was a paramount troughout the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms over looking the glacier
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 August 2013

My wife and I just returned from a ten night vacation in Switzerland (my fifth), including Wengen, Zermatt, and Pontresina. Our hotel choice for that final stop was the Kronenhof. I'll start by saying that I've traveled widely, and have stayed at many fine hotels. I am observant, and also somewhat critical. On this occasion I can honestly say that there was very little to criticize. From the moment that we were picked up at the train station in Samedan, until we were dropped off on the platform to catch our train back to the airport in Zurich, the Kronenhof pretty much met or exceeded all of our expectations. The public spaces, the facilities, the service, the food, all were outstanding. I'll supply a few examples. After arriving at the hotel we were quickly checked in and shown up to our room (a double in the "comfort" category). I realized right away that I was somewhat disappointed by it's smallish size and location. After a moment of hesitation we decided to take it up with the staff at the front desk. What happened next set the tone for the rest of our stay. They understood the situation and were immediately responsive. We were escorted to several different rooms by someone who was patient and helpful. We ultimately decided to upgrade to a corner junior suite (room #707) on the top floor for a very modest increase in price. We were extremely happy with both the room and the way that they handled the entire incident. It was apparent that our satisfaction was very important to the hotel and it's staff. This attitude seemed to permeate most of what happened for us at the Kronenhof over the course of the next 4 days. Pretty much without exception the staff was available and intent on delivering a very high standard of service in a way that was not overbearing.
We were also struck by the quality and consistency of the food in the main dining room (I highly recommend the half board option for value). On the night of the italian buffet, for example, all of the seafood dishes (served in heated pans) were cooked pretty much perfectly. They weren't overcooked, as is often the case at buffets. I was impressed by this, as it is not something that's easy to pull off in a hotel dining room. Everything else was pretty much the same. We had originally thought that we might dine one evening in the Kronenstubli, their specialty restaurant, but we ultimately passed on that option as we were enjoying the dining room so much.
I'll also say something about the overall value proposition here as well. This is not an inexpensive hotel, but compared to our other choices in Switzerland, it was the hands down winner in terms of delivering value for the money. This has become our new favorite hotel in Switzerland, and we are already looking forward to returning. My complements to both the management and the staff.

Room Tip: "room #707 is a perfectly situated junior suite on the top floor that is sunny as well as private. I give it two thumbs up"
1  Thank medtraveler2013
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Real old-school 5 star in a good sense. Everybody was really nice, Elina at the reception is just a sunshine.. but I was a bit surprised with posh behavior of the barmen, who was asking if we missed the door or something) May be, they are not used to have young customers in the hotel - I don't know. In this case, just tell him to shut up and ask to get a drink NOW!))) - really helped a lot)
But generally it was ultra-fine and the spa is just the best ever

Room Tip: tell them before, if you need wi-fi in your room
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends