“Super”

Kochendorfer
Ranked #3 of 34 Restaurants in Pontresina
Cuisines: Swiss
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Kochendörfer's has been awarded the "Golden Fish" and offers something for everyone. In the afternoon, we serve coffee and cake, while in the evening and at lunchtime you can enjoy delicious, market-fresh dishes from our kitchen.
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Nice to visit after a long ski day and take a good hot chocolate with a very good sweat pastry. Went there 2 times.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

This restaurant has never disappointed me in over 15 years. The quality of service is superb. The staff is experienced and efficient. I was most impressed that while our orders were taken a waitress was listening to the orders and placed the right cutlery in front of us.
The food was cooked to perfection whether it was meat or fish. The latter is their speciality and I can recommend the grilled Dover sole. The gnocchi were beautifully light with sage, mushrooms and pine kernels. Their vegetables are all deliciously prepared, especially the spinach sauteed in butter and a hint of garlic.
The desserts are not only tasting homemade but they are also artistically presented.
I can thoroughly recommend this restaurant and I am looking forward to going back soon.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

If you are staying in Pontresina, you will want to go here for some pastries. We stayed in Pontresina for 8 days and I think we went to Kochendorfer's 7 times for pastries. You can either carry out the pastries, or walk the pastries over to the Albris hotel restaurant to have them with a coffee or other drink.

Reviewed 8 May 2013 via mobile

We went a few times for tea at this restaurant, but will not go again.....the bakery is good but the staff look dispirited. The portion of luxury tea I ordered came with UHT milk and when I asked for fresh milk I was given a long story and told that the milk was indeed fresh from the dairy. It definitely was not! there was in fact no fresh milk to be had. If one serves a luxury tea, then one should supply fresh milk with it. They serve UHT milk because it doesn't need refrigeration. Another time we went the waiter was even more rude. We were made to feel unwelcome, which is sad because we used to go there quite a lot when we were in Pontresina in previous years. Things have clearly changed quite a lot there. Its clear that people coming in for tea are no longer welcome. The fish restaurant has a good reputation, but I would not visit after the tea experience!

Reviewed 4 September 2012

We were part of the "dine around" diners at the Albris and had a fixed menus. Unfortunately a strong fish odor greated us upon arrival through the hotel entrance. We had salmon which was excellent. We noticed other diners having different fish dishes. Presentation was very nice . The bakery at the Albris is the best in town so it was a treat to get to chose anything we wanted for dessert.