“Efficient staff”
Review of Hotel Allegra

Hotel Allegra
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Kloten
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

Whenever i go to zurich, this is the hotel i stay. Staff is efficient, it takes 5 min to check in and the room is yours. Lobby had the seats changed to grey/dark red colors, before they used red/blue/yellow as the pallet color (the sheets remains still with these colors, they havent changed them yet). Free wifi, complimentary bottle of water in the room and apples if you need a snack during the day. It's indeed not so close to zurich, but the train station is just around the corner - and you can hwt the tickets in the hotel front desk. Really recommend this place.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
welcomehotelsCH, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Hotel Allegra, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your nice review! We are happy to know you as our frequent guest, we appreciate your loyalty. Regarding the colours, the hotel is designt in the Piet Mondrian style, that's why you can find everywhere the three colours red, blue and yellow.
See you soon again at the Allegra hotel, we are looking forward to welcoming you soon.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Allegra

Reviewed 28 October 2013

this hotel is ideally situation in kloten.Everything is close by and travelling is a pleasure. Station is almost attached to the hotel.
There is shopping and eating places clsoe by and even the hotel food is affordable and good.
Lovely walk into the forest near by...
Would reccommend this hotel to all, including holiday and business travellers (good conference facility).
Book early as at times it could get full quickly.

Room Tip: Rooms near the office blocks are quieter than next to railway tracks. But havng said this, the rooms...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your amazing comment. Nice to hear that you liked it and thanks for the recommendation of our Allegra hotel, we appreciate it!
See you soon again, it's our pleasure!

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I cannot say enough good things about my last stay at the Allegra. The rooms are spacious and clean. The staff goes out of their way to be helpful, the breakfast room and buffet is fantastic, the location could not be better. Free parking and Wi-Fi. Free and courteous shuttle service from and to the airport. The Allegra is right next to the train station, for convenient day trips, and it is also in walking distance for last minute shopping at the Migro. We will be back! Thank you!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Marlies,
Thank you very much for your lovely review, we are happy to hear that you liked our place! Thanks for all the mentioned details, we would be pleased to welcoming you soon again. It's our pleasure and we are looking forward to it.

Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed for one night, the room was nice, clean and spacious. The staff were very friendly and helpfull and made you feel welcome and comfortable. The free shuttle service to the airport was very easy. The breakfast was a buffet with good and diverse choice. I would recommand the place, it is close to the airport and easy acces to zurich as stand next to the train station.

Stayed: October 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your comment and your recommendation, we appreciate it!
See you soon again!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I stayed one night in Hotel Allegra for an early flight in the next morning. I found the triple room is roomy, unlike other hotels. There are 3 proper beds. Other hotels offer twin bed and a sofa bed. The room is clean, neat and has modern design. I am happy with what I get for the money I pay. The shower is a bit inconvenience as it is half closed. It is difficult to avoid spraying water onto the floor.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to hear that you liked our triple room and thanks for your inputs.
See you soon again at our place!

Reviewed 10 October 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Allegra for 9 nights on a business trip. I usually stay at the Hilton Apart because it is closer to my office, but everything else was full. This was about a 15 minute walk, or 3 minute bus ride to my office at Ballsberg.

For what Hotel Allegra is (an airport hotel) it does a good job. It is clean, the rooms are spacious, and it is located right next to the train station. The rooms include a kettle and a small refrigerator, and a typical European set of amenities (hand soap that doubles as shampoo, a nail file, q tips, and a shower cap). There is a Spar market across the street for small groceries. I did not take advantage of the breakfast, but did eat dinner in the restaurant twice. It was good...but not the best atmosphere. They don't really seem equipped to deal with single diners, as all of the tables are for 4 or 6 people. Despite the restaurant being empty, I was sat at the only single table which was next to the kitchen and salad bar. Not much ambiance.
As will any hotel, Allegra has pros and cons.
Pros: Free wifi, great location, clean spacious rooms, and a free airport shuttle at designated times (and upon reservation).
Cons: wifi is pretty slow and not terribly reliable. I resorted to mainly using the in-room Ethernet cable (which meant I had to sit at the little desk to watch movies, etc.).
Also - the hotel has hardwood (or pergo) floors, which are attractive, but provide no buffer for noise. You could hear people walking above and beside you, as well as hallway conversations and the neighbor's tv. I kept a fan on all the time to try to muffle the noise. And while my room did not face the train, you can of course hear it. I didn't find it bothersome, but you certainly can hear it.
Lastly, while the free shuttle was convenient, the driver was actually pretty rude. He spoke to me in German, and after I indicated I did not understand, he emphatically told me "I said..." and then repeated what he said in German again. He then glared at me as if I was going to answer. No pleasantries otherwise. It was an uncomfortable ride.
Overall I would say this was a fine hotel with some pro's and some con's. Because it is further from my office, I probably would not stay again if given the option. But for a well located short airport stay, you won't go wrong with the Hotel Allegra.

Room Tip: I pushed together the two twin beds to make a closer approximation to a king sized bed.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your detailled review regarding your stay with us. We are happy to hear that you liked your stay all in all, although it was not your first choice.
Thanks for letting us know your personal pros and cons. It is indispensable valuable for us to improve our services. Regarding the shutlle driver, we apologize for the mentioned trouble, we have addressed this with our staff and re-trained them so this will not happen again in the future.
See you soon again, if you like some variety during your stays, feel warmly welcome to visit us again.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

By "airport " hotel standards the Allegra is excellent. The shuttle bus from Zurich airport is reasonably frequent, the staff are very friendly and helpful - much better than at similar airport hotels we have overnighted in, the rooms a good size; there is a restaurant (with a salad bar) and the breakfast is good. We dont actually expect a great deal from an overnight stay in an airport hotel (based on experience) but the Allegra was a very nice surprise. It is in a quiet suburban area with a pleasant walk up a leafy road for a bit of exercise after a long flight. I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your nice review! We are pleased to hear that we could change your impression of airport hotels and you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel Allegra.
Feel warmly welcome to visit us soon again, when you drop by the Zurich Airport area.
Your Allegra Team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kloten
Hotel Welcome Inn
Park Inn by Radisson Zurich Airport
Hilton Zurich Airport
Hilton Zurich Airport
#4 of 10 in Opfikon

Been to Hotel Allegra? Share your experiences!