This hotel lived up to the reviews. It is a simple no frills hotel in a fantastic location that allows you to conduct business or experience Zurich and save a ton of money on your hotel bill.
Getting there is easy. When you depart the airport look for the hotel bus sign which is a three minute walk. The bus runs every thirty minutes and a nice courteous driver will pick you up for the three minute drive to the hotel.
The positives start with Manuela who checked me in at the front desk. She is amazing. She is friendly, full of energy and a wealth of information. If you want to know what to see, where to eat, when the train runs, where the supermarket is or when the next train leaves the station, ask Manuela. She is absolutely terrific.
First, it was terrific that I received a room at nine in the morning. The rooms are larger than I expected, have beautiful floors, two beds and a Murphy bed, mini bar, safe large windows, a flat screen, work desk, and large windows that open. The toilet room is separate from the shower which is a plus if you have a traveling companion. There is ample closet space and drawers with extra bed linen. The water pressure was excellent and if you like scalding hot showers this is the place for you. The hotel beds are firm and just what the doctor ordered for my back.
The hotel's location is terrific. It is a three minute walk to the train station, five minutes from the airport and a five minute walk to a supermarket. If you are a walker or jogger you will be in paradise as Kloten is jogger, walker and skateboarder friendly. The television has over one hundred and sixty channels and you can buy a rail pass at the front desk.
The Negatives are few. There is one short-haired blond employee who is a little stuck on herself and is the opposite of Manuela. If she helps you once she acts as if that is your limit. There are no ice machines so you have to go downstairs to the restaurant to get a glass and the doors lock inside and out with a key. You have to actually lock yourself in the room with a key and I found myself constantly checking the handles.
1. A supermarket is nearby. Walk out the front door, turn right and go to the roundabout and turn left. Walk about two blocks until you get to the ESSO station and the supermarket is on the right side of the street next to the UBS bank;
2. No need to make a hair appointment anywhere in the area as there are more coiffures than you can shake a stick at;
3. In addition to Zurich's usual attractions take the UBS Polybahn cable car up to the University of Zurich and ETH University for a panoramic view of the city;
4. Buy a day or three day train pass;
5. If you use a phone for pictures bring a separate phone charger because you will take tons of photographs;
6. Moisturizer and lip balm are musts;
7. Zurich is as expensive as you heard;
8. I would avoid the Chinese restaurant across the street;
9. The supermarkets in Kloten close early on Saturday and all day Sunday and I recommend Migros;
10. The walk to Kolping Arena is nice if you are a walker;
11. The One World airport lounge is excellent and if you are flying American Airlines the counters open at 6:30;
12. Fleischli Bakery across the street is excellent but expensive;
13. Jelmoli is one great department store; and
1. Take your platinum card when you walk along the Bahnhofstrasse
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Welcome Inn enjoys a central location in Kloten, half a mile from Zurich Airport. It offers a free airport shuttle, free wired internet and free parking during the stay. Free Wi-Fi is available in public areas and the rooms.The Welcome Inn's rooms feature a desk, a refrigerator, flat-screen-TV and a bathroom with hairdryer and make-up mirror. MEAT's Steak & Wine - Steakhouse, is our restaurant partner and has a stylish interior, in a rustic design and first-class meat, grilled in a Southbend Broiler. Guests of the Welcome Inn enjoy reduced entrance fee to the local outdoor- and indoor swimming pool (a 5-minute walk away) and free entrance to the fitness room at a partner hotel (a 3-minute walk away). Many shops, bars and restaurants are within walking distance. Kloten Train Station is 300m away. The train ride to Zurich takes 15 minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Hotel.de and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Welcome Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Welcome Kloten
- Welcome Hotel Kloten
- Welcome Inn Hotel
- Hotel Welcome Inn Canton Of Zurich/Kloten