“Convenient hotel for travelers”
Review of Hotel Welcome Inn

Hotel Welcome Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Kloten
Reviewed 6 May 2014

An excellent way to stay close to the airport on the way back to the States - clean, quiet, well organized - we were at the end of our trip so couldn't afford the buffet breakfast at $21/person but I am sure it is all it needs to be.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Pushkasmd
welcomehotelsCH, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Hotel Welcome Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Guest,
Wonderful- thank you very much for your feedback.
It's nice to hear you've liked your stay and especially the central location of the Hotel Allegra.
Do you visit us again? It would be great!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

It's a good hotel to stay one night ,if u require a transit stay .staff are co-operative. My baggage were directly sent to india and I was with no luggage ,they provided me with razor brush etc which was surprise to me .normally hotels of this quality does not provide accessories.
Pickup and drop is excellent.

Room Tip: Back side rooms are noise free since it's near to airport vehicle noise be be round the clock
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Rahul20111956
welcomehotelsCH, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Hotel Welcome Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Guest,
We'd like to thank you for your feedback and your rating. We really appreciate it and it's necessary for us to improve our service. It woul be a pleasure to welcoimng you soon again in Kloten!

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I stayed here for one night in March 2014 and it was adequate.

It's fairly basic and the receptionist was stern and humorless, but it's clean, not expensive and they offer a free shuttle service to and from Zurich Airport.

Next time I'm overnight at Zurich, I'd probably look around a bit before staying here again, but if I couldn't find anywhere better, I'd certainly go back.

Room Tip: No tip to help you choose a room, but just a few minutes down the road is an outstandingly good Thai...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
welcomehotelsCH, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Hotel Welcome Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear Julian,

Thank you very much for the time taken to write down your impressions regarding our hotel. We appreciate your honest feedback as it is vitally important for us and for prospective guests. Furthermore, your positive and negative inputs will help us to improve ourselves.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you again with us so that we will have the opportunity to show you we are able to do it better.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Stayed at the Hotel Welcome Inn for one night before flying out of Zurich Airport. Convenient, offers complimentary shuttle transportation to/from airport. Hotel is quite spartan and "very Swiss" in being utilitarian and practical, so it's perfect for really on-the-go transient travelers. I suppose it could be a good home base, too, as it's only 5 train stops away from central Zurich (apparently - I did not really go). There is a café/bakery across the street, a gas/convenient store half a block down one of the radiating streets (it's located in a roundabout), and a Chinese restaurant (I didn't try) on one of the other streets facing.

Bedroom had two twins and a fold-out murphy, I appreciate the "closet" was open without doors -- you will quickly know if you've left something behind. There is TV with several channels from which to choose, an honor/minibar in the room and a mini safe (the one in my room was broken, but it didn't matter, I'm sure they would have fixed it or moved me elsewhere if I really needed one). You need a credit card to book a reservation but you are not charged for the stay (and honor bar charges) until check-out. Return shuttle to the airport can be scheduled in advance or will arrive within 10 minutes of check-out.

Reception is staffed by one or two very knowledgeable and helpful clerks/receptionists who were efficient and really quite nice and pleasant. There are two options for the available Wi-Fi, high speed and low speed (former is twice the price of latter, but who uses low speed these days?), two options for breakfast (continental or full/hot) onsite -- hot breakfast had the usual stuff (eggs, hot meats, bread station, cereals/muesli, etc. -- not too bad). There is also a restaurant (I didn't try), but from the menu it looks like it serves "standard Swiss fare" local to the area.

Located in a residential-professional area in an otherwise nondescript neighborhood so don't expect any sweeping views of anything other than traffic and buildings. But again, for all its simplicity and practicality, I would stay here again for ~$100/night if I needed to stay in Zurich to wait for an early flight - I don't think you can get better than that with a private in-room bathroom and toilet (which were separate and kind of odd for me, but again, I see the practicality if traveling with other person(s)).

Best for value, convenience, quiet neighborhood, practical amenities and great staff. Thanks for a good stay!

Room Tip: As a general rule, I always ask for a non-smoking room, on a high floor and away from the lifts if p...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank iceblue13

Dear guest,

We are more than delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our Hotel Welcome Inn. Thank you so much for the time taken to evaluate us and for your lovely and very detailed feedback. It is extremely helpful for prospective guests in order to choose a hotel nearby Zurich airport.

For your hopefully next stay we highly recommend to visit our in-house restaurant Kanzlei. It offers international and Swiss cuisine as well as flambéed specialties.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Best wishes from Kloten,

Reviewed 6 April 2014

My second stay at this hotel within three months, staff remembered me and gave me a hearty welcome. Excellent desk and breakfast service, nice clean, neat functional room. This hotel is great for people working at the airport, Kloten is an exceptional place to stay when visiting Zurich due to the proximity to the airport and the train station. I am sure that I will be back again, and will want to stay at the Welcome inn.

Room Tip: No swimming pool or fitness center, but no time for that anyway!
2  Thank Talljhawker

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your lovely feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are very happy that our team was able to make your stay an enjoyable one and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Best regards from Kloten,

Reviewed 31 March 2014

This hotel was a one-night stay for us at the end of a vacation with an early flight out of ZRH. As such, it is exactly what we were looking for. It is within easy walking distance from the train station and a very short (free) shuttle ride to the airport. The hotel and room were very clean and the front desk personnel spoke flawless English and were friendly and helpful. There's no real reason to stay (or visit) Kloden unless you have a flight out of Zurich. We left too early to try the breakfast buffet and did not eat in their restaurant, so I can't speak to the food there. For Switzerland, this is good value for the money.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor on a rainy Saturday evening. There's not a lot happening in Kloden, s...
2  Thank GeoffWillis
welcomehotelsCH, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Hotel Welcome Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear Guest,
We'd like to thank you for the perfect feedback and your good rating. We're happy when we have satisfied guests. So hopefully you'll visit the Hotel Welcome Inn soon again! It would be a pleasure.
Kind regards from Kloten,

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Best thing i like is to have an outlet to charge my phone and notebook right by the bed .
Easy parking and close to the airport.

I have stayed at the brand names hotels close to the airport before but this one is by far the best value for your money

2  Thank Shimoncherie

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your nice feedback and your excellent rating. It's delightful you've been satisfied with the Hotel Welcome Inn, your stay there and the value for money. So see you soon again?
Kind regards from Kloten,
Your Welcome Inn Team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kloten
Hotel Fly Away
2 mi away
Park Inn by Radisson Zurich Airport
Holiday Inn Express Zurich Airport
ibis budget Zurich Airport

Been to Hotel Welcome Inn? Share your experiences!