“Heavenly location, small cosy room, value for money”
Review of Popcorn Hotel

Popcorn Hotel
Ranked #18 of 48 Hotels in Saas-Fee
Bengaluru, India
“Heavenly location, small cosy room, value for money”
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Saas Fee and the region is the best location I have been to!breathtakingly beautiful, very calm and not too many tourists(like Zermatt) with cable cars to allalin and langfluhe which we thoroughly enjoyed, hiking in the snow!
The hotel automatically gives u a burgerpass which gives free access to transport in the saastal.At a cost of 5chf per day, u can upgrade to the saas pass which gives u free unlimited access to all THR cable cars including allalin and langfluhe( which u should because the cable cars are really expensive 72 chf per person for return ticket)
The hotel is right opposite the sàas fee bus terminal. The rooms are small but clean and adequate and it hardly matters because you'll be out all the time

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Popcorn-Robi, Inhaber at Popcorn Hotel, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Tejas
I'm pleased that Saas-Fee has made such a great impression to you and that you enjoyed your stay in POPCORN! Hotel. The village with it's mountains it's the best kept secret place in the alps and worth to visit.
It would be nice if you come again to Saas-Fee and to welcome you as our guests again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Polish first
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We spent there a night and we had a good time. My girlfriend booked a room for two people. We went to sleep at around 1 o'clock but it was really noisy till 4-5 o'clock (it was Saturday night) and although we were at the third floor we could hear music and people from the club downstairs. I don't know the prices in Saas Fee because my girlfriend organized the trip but I would say that 135 francs for a night there is not what I define great value for money...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Popcorn-Robi, Inhaber at Popcorn Hotel, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Michele
Thanks for your feedback. I'm sorry if your stay (or the value for money) in our hotel wasn't what you expected. We are a party hotel with a lively bar and we have many costumers which choose us for this reason. Our concept is different to mostly or let's say every hotel. The prices are adapting to the frequency and the season in Saas-Fee and you can compare them.
I really hope you return to Saas-Fee and will stay in POPCORN! Hotel again, as you had a good time. Maybe we have the opportunity to have a drink in the bar together!
Sorengo, Switzerland
Reviewed 23 June 2014

If you are looking for the best possible accommodation in Saas-Fee for a fair price, then the PopCorn should be your choice. Fantastic rooms, extremmely friendly personnel, and awesome position. Did I mentioned that the rooms are just great? Well, that's all you need to know :D

Room Tip: The higher up the room, the better
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Cortivallo
Thanks a lot for your fantastic rating! We are very happy to have you as our satisfied guest and we are looking forward to see you in Saas-Fee and POPCORN! again.
Santa Eulalia del Rio, Spain
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Everything is perfect. Good location, friendly staff, rich breakfast. For me the only place to stay when I am in Sass Fee. I can only recommend this place. Good also to be next to the best bar in Saas Fee.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Popcorn-Robi, Inhaber at Popcorn Hotel, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Woaw, thanks for your positive feedback and rating on Tripadvisor! It makes me very happy to hear that you were so satisfied and that you've had a great time with us.
Looking forward to meet you personally in our POPCORN! Bar, the best bar in Saas-Fee, at your next stay and we will have a drink together :)
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I really liked the Popcorn hotel! It's right at the start of the village and just a short walk to ski lift. The staff were really friendly, our room was big and clean and the breakfast (not included in the price) was very good. I was a little worried about the noise from the night club after reading some of the comments on Trip Advisor, but I actually had a really good sleep. The beds are nice and comfortable, and even though I consider myself to be a light sleeper, I wasn't bothered by the noise.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Popcorn-Robi, Inhaber at Popcorn Hotel, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
...and thanks for the great rating!

It makes me very happy to read your feedback. My staff is very motivated and willing to be the most friendliest in Saas-Fee, as they also have a lot of fun to work here.
Your comment about the noise is very important for me and this gets very often overrated. I publish my hotel as a PARTY HOTEL and that means it's very lively and the bar is open every night until 3.30h. But as you write, the noise can be bothering or not and it depends on yourself how you're feeling the vibes of our concept. Therefor I also recommend to choose one of our style rooms in the 3rd and 4th floor at your booking. So I'm glad to hear, if you consider yourself as a light sleeper, that you've had a really good sleep!
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

If you are planning a trip to Saas Fee then Popcorn Hotel has to be your accommodation. Perfect location, amazing and friendly staff, great rooms all at a real value for money price. It has a hotel, a café, a club and a shop, is very near the bus terminal and close to the center of Saas Fee and the ski lifts to the mountains. The room was spacious and comfortable with great views of the village from the balcony..I'll definitely will come back and would highly recommend it to anyone. Excellent

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ken G
Popcorn-Robi, Inhaber at Popcorn Hotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Ken G

Thanks a lot for your great feedback! It motivates my staff and myself to read this and we will try to make it even better.

Looking forward to see you in POPCORN! again :)

Your host Robi Anthamatten and his team
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I had a really great experience staying at the Popcorn Hotel in Saas Fee. It combines a hotel, a café, a club and a shop altogether in a good trend. It is well located very near the bus terminal and close to the center of Saas Fee (and excellent ski resort by the way). As it is south oriented, you'll get a perfect view over the mountains and sun for sure on the balcony. I had a room at the 4th floor and it was spacious with a comfortable sofa. For young people, it is very practical to have a club in your hotel, you can dance with your slippers ; ) As a general comment I would say that the service is good, the rooms are clean and the staff is friendly. I'll definitely will come back.

Room Tip: Prefer the 4th floor if you want to make sure not to ear the club at the ground floor
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Popcorn-Robi, Inhaber at Popcorn Hotel, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear RegisBagda

Thanks a lot for your good feedback on Tripadvisor. Your description of our hotel will definitely help our future costumers, as they are looking for trendy and young hotel.

Hope to see you soon!