My family of four - spouse and two adult children - stayed at the charming Saaser Hof last week and thoroughly enjoyed the hotel and indeed Saas-Fee as a whole.
This ski-in and out hotel is ideally situated being equidistant between the slopes and the town centre - less than two minutes walk/ski to each. The hotel is family-owned (but professionally run), cosy, comfortable and with an extensive wellness centre and adequate gym. The breakfasts were superb and dinners were good.
The bedrooms were comfortable although the bathrooms could have been bigger, but certainly adequate.
The owners work in the hotel and they, along with the rest of their excellent staff were first class. Nothing was too much trouble.
I have read other reviews saying the hotel is in a noisy location. We had no experience of this and, having visited Saas-Fee, are perplexed by such comments as the town operates on a silent basis between 10 p.m. and 8 a.m. - during this period, the bars and lively après ski moves from outside the establishments' patios to inside and the outside speakers are turned off. There is certainly a lively atmosphere around the hotel between say 4 and 10 pm, but nothing later and nothing overly intrusive in any event.
I would have no hesitation in wholeheartedly recommending this hotel and indeed would happily stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The team of the Golfhotel Saaserhof lives the philosophy "Fulfil the guest's wishes". For this, we offer a first class cuisine, excellent wines from our wine cellar and a forthcoming service. Without forgetting the cosy atmosphere of our rooms and family-suites.A familiar and sporty hotel situated in the heart of one of the most imposing Alpine chain in the Alps. The cosy bar with its wood of old stables from the Wallis and the fire-place is always a meeting point for our international guests. Enjoy a glass of wine, an aperitif or a cocktail while listening to stories until late into the night...Tranquillity, relaxing and regeneration in the beautiful an car free Saas-Fee. The unique climate with its pure fresh altitude air as well as the quietness within the intact nature and the huge glaciers make sure that you will spend an unforgettable stay at the Golfhotel Saaserhof. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Expedia so you can book your Hotel Saaserhof reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golfhotel Saaserhof Hotel Saas-Fee
- Golfhotel Saaserhof Saas Fee