“At last!”
Review of Eskimos Ski School

Eskimos Ski School
Ranked #1 of 20 things to do in Saas-Fee
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I finally got round to having my first ski lesson after 20 years of copying others and picking up bad habits. I had 2 private lessons with Caroline who was amazing. She noticed several areas where my technique needed help and gave me the confidence to push myself to try new and fun techniques like carving. Caroline was great company, patient and kind but also very precise and pushed me which was just what I needed. Thank you!

Reviewed 12 April 2014

The quality of the instructors and the tuition was really great. As a family we had a mixture of morning group lessons (basic 2 and all rounder 2/3) and some private lessons. The small class sizes (4 and 5 people) meant there was lots of time to practice and learn from the instructors. Jens is vey experienced and has a brilliant way of explaining the theory of skiing in a way which really helps before giving you some great practical drills too. He also taught my wife (a beginner) and pushed her quite hard but her skiing has come on very well. Lauma was very encouraging and nurturing and got great feedback from my wife and daughter (17). Finally, Johann was great as well and helped me make fantastic progress with my short turns. They are all amazing skiers and very passionate about what they do. The school's philosphy is led by 'the boss' Sharon and she runs a very good school taking great care of her staff and her clients - impressive.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

I had private lessons with Alex Ellis - a Gold Standard Ski Instructor with Eskimos. I have had lessons with Alex before so was a repeat client. I found him to be a fantastic instructor - great on a one - to - one level but on this trip I found his reassuring teaching style and patience even more important as I was returning to skiing following an injury - I broke my hand in December. Not only is he a very experienced instructor, he took things at my pace and I feel I made real progress this week. On top of it all, he's also great company and immediately put me at ease. I'd definitely recommend him as an instructor and would be keen to return to Saas Fee and Eskimos.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

My son attended Eskimo ski school for one week with great results and really enjoyed it. His instructor William Horey was great too and built a great rapport with the children.

1  Thank Hertstrip
Reviewed 31 March 2014

After a very long interruption Jens introduced me again to skiing. In a few hours he taught me the different new techniques.

It was fun.
It was very efficent teaching.
It was extremly individual, Jens addressed my hiccups and concerns without beeing dogmatic.