My wife and I spent 4 nights in Wellness Suite number 903, from 18-22.04.2014, on my birthday celebration. We knew this hotel very well, as it was already our 3rd stay there. Unfortunately, my birthday felt on Easter period, which is a peak season for this Hotel, therefore it was quite full of guests... We were really impressed by the high quality and luxury of our Wellness Suite number 903, last floor and located just above the pools. This Suite is provided with a private hammam (which is working perfectly !) and a large private jaccuzzi with bubbles, also excellent. You have 2 beds downstairs and 2 more beds upstairs, the place is really big and enjoyable. If you can afford it, do not hesitate, you will for sure not regret it.
We also liked very much the quality of the service provided by the friendly, helpful, dedicated staff working at the restaurant, at reception and inside the hotel generally speaking, really there is nothing to complain about them, they are doing GREAT job ! Special thanks to the excellent and friendly Director, Mr Stefan Walliser and to our favorite staff in the restaurant area, Mr Grässli, whom you will easily hear every morning and evening with his strong voice and his ultimate sense of humour, he really is a personnage of this hotel, I'm looking forward to meet him again with pleasure. Hotel maintenance et renovations are just perfect. All is very clean and there is a general smell which is very nice. Don't hesitate to have a drink to the wonderful Million Stars Bar, with its exceptionnal lights effects, changing colors from white to green, to yellow, to red, to blue, etc.
Now about the Spa area : please be aware that most of the sauna/turkish bath area are totally nude area, meaning without bathing costum and without towels, which we find out to be a kind of discrimination ! My wife is beautiful, young and pretty and I certainly don't want other men to watch and to look at her while being nude ! Therefore why guests whom refuse to show themselves totally nude in front of others can not access such nice and coisy sauna and turkish bath places ? If people want to have a towel around their genitals, then it should be no problem and it should not be prohibited as it is the case actually, respect private intimacy and public hygiene. Furthermore, we saw some people inside the outdoor pool, inside the Spa area and in public area around the pool with not very nice intentions in their eyes/attitude/behaviour regarding others, specially when young women were around... We also noticed that people, external from Hotel guests, were also able to come to the pool and Spa area, which is not a good idea !!! It means less privacy for the Hotel guests (specially during a peak season...), less educated people in their attitude/behavior (did not take shower before entering bath area, single old men watching women, etc.).
So, to resume our stay, we will say that :
Positive points :
1) Staff attitude and professionalism.
2) Cleanliness of the Hotel and Spa area.
3) Wellness Suite 903 is top luxury and class, with private hammam and jaccuzzi.
4) Food and quality of the service offered inside the restaurant.
5) Complimentary bottles of water, every day inside the Suite and a 0,2dl of sparkling wine once.
6) Automatic light system inside bedroom (if you wake up by night, a small light is coming on).
7) Free newspaper every morning (Le Temps).
8) Live piano and music in the evening next to Million Stars Bar.
9) Excellent cocktails made by the barwoman of Million Stars Bar.
Points to be aware of :
1) Expect to find a lot of dogs inside the Hotel, as it is a dog friendly place ! Well, personnally I did not like to see/hear dogs inside the restaurant while I was eating on my birthday dinner, they were noisy, probably not very clean and I guess dogs should not legally be authorized to stay where there is food for humans...
2) On my birthday, I booked a candle night dinner for two, unfortunately, due to a staff mistake, they completely missed it and we received our normal table (in Laurenz Stube), while a table specially prepared for the occasion was waiting for us on another part of the restaurant (in Ermitage Stube) ! A waiter came to inform us about the mistake, so we had to celebrate it the next day... Furthermore, I requested a black forest birthday cake, which actually came as a white forest cake, strange...
3) Coffee at breakfast is given by cup only, so you will have to request another one or to go by yourself if you want one more cup...
4) It was generally speaking quite hot inside our Wellness Suite, as we could not reduce the temperature, we had to open the windows during the night to cool down the Suite...
5) You can eat cakes every day from 15:00-17:00 next to the reception, a lot of choice and very good ones !
6) Inside the Spa area, you can find a special place for women called Lady's Spa (only for women). And what about Men's Spa, it does not exist ???
So, we are really satisfied of our stay and we will definitively come back to this excellent hotel, but in a low season period, with good weather garantee as we did not see much the sun during our stay and hopefully with possibility to use the Spa area with a towel next time...
I'll soon add some photos of our Wellness Suite and of our stay, so that you can see what I'm talking about. Enjoy and see you there once maybe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ERMITAGE Wellness- & Spa-Hotel is a typical Swiss Hotel in chalet style just above Gstaad in Schonried. It was re-opened in december 2011 after 9 months of extensive renovations. It offers several new highlights, such as the new piano-bar "One Million Stars" with one million sparkling Swarovski-stones, the two-storied panorama hall "Bargblick" which offers a grand view of the mountains and invites you to linger. In our new library "Lasi-Stube" you can take your time to browse our books. The hotel also offers 96 non-smoking rooms, accompanied walks and excursions in the mountains (Mountain biking / river rafting / excursions, downhill and cross-country skiing during winter with our sports staff), and In- and out¬door salt water pool (35°C), outdoor-sportpool 17x10m (28-32°C), a Sauna centre (Finnish sauna "Schnapsbrennerei", precious stone grotto "Amethyst", Turkish steam bath "Tropicana", herbal sauna and “Solegrotte”, tepidarium, biosauna) and a Ladies spa and whirlpool. Please note, the saunas (except Ladies spa) are a mixed naked area. “Vitalita" with hayseed bath, Cleopatra bath, herbal bathes, oriental Rasul, "Golden Nostalgica". Beauty salon. Cardio-controlled running / fitness training. Own fully equipped sports shop for ski rental and ski service. The nearest ski lift is the Rellerli lift, which is just opposite the hotel about 150 m away, the second nearest is the Horneggli only a three minute walk away. Both lifts belong to the Gstaad Mountain Rides area with a total of 62 lifts and 250 km of skiing area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your ERMITAGE Wellness- & Spa-Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wellness- And Spa-Hotel Ermitage