We stayed for two nights at this property as we travelled for a friends wedding. The property is part of a wellness centre on the ground level so checking in can be a tad confusing. Also because I don't think they are ever at full capacity, they arrange for someone from the restaurant to check you in. No big deal.
Rooms are lovely, complete with everything you need and are absolutely spotless. It was a nice treat after weeks of travelling to stay in a hotel room with brilliant shower pressure and a small fridge to keep water etc. cool.
Fantastic bedding also!
Only a few things I found frustrating including:
- putting us in a room on the front road.. The windows are double glazed but because they have been hit with high heats (eg: 25-28o of an evening), the rooms have no fans or air-conditioning so your forced to sleep with the windows open, with trucks going past from as early as 4am, I never got a full nights sleep.
- no information in the room provided upon check-in. The room included Internet access, we were only provided with the vouchers on the second evening, this is because the hotel is not staffed all the time. A welcome pack with information, who to call for a request would have been appreciated.
- when paying for the two evenings. Again as hotel staff are not there (no staff at 11am when people check out is surprising), I paid at the below restaurant. Leaving Zurich the following day I have hundreds of Swiss francs I wanted to use. I asked to split the payment, cash plus card, they said no. I asked to settle one night in full with a card and one cash, they said no. Very frustrating.
- when checking in (again in the restaurant) they asked what time we would like our breakfast. We gave them a time also thinking this was included as they way he delivered this. When checking out they add this per person to the bill. Not a big deal but just tell me breakfast is extra and costs xxx dollars per person.
Small things could really make this property shine. I would probably stay here again but in the cooler months and arrange everything prior to an arrival.
Prices lower then Zurich and approx. 40kms from the centre/airport .
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Hotel zur Post reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.