“Great place for pizza!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Baden, Switzerland
“Great place for pizza!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

I had walked in front of Da Pippo many times, and finally had a chance to go in and try the pizza. I was not disappointed. First off, be warned, the place is cash only. Second, it's tiny, so if you go with a large party, make sure to reserve.
The menu is basic: a couple appetizers, salad, and such, then, pastas and pizzas. My wife and I both tried the ham and mushroom pizza.
The waiter was visibly the owner. Also be warned that he is not very friendly. We ordered the pizzas, and I asked for mine without olives. It came with olives. Fortunately, my wife loves them, so I just placed them on her pizza. Final warning, this is not a quick in and out. The owner is by himself, and makes everything to order, so don't be in a hurry. The pizza, however, was delicious. Thin crust, perfectly cooked, just awesome. I have tried pizzas in most of Baden's restaurants, and this one ranks way up there. It is also cheaper than other places. 2 pizzas and a large bottle of San Pellegrino ran me CHF 38. Not too shabby.
Overall, despite my many warning, for a good pizza, this place is a gem! Don't worry about the grumpy owner, or how long it takes to get your food, just enjoy a fine pizza!

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Chefsprive

Zurich, Switzerland
“Real italian spirit in Baden”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2013

Really good pizza made by the owner! Sig. Pippo and his wife are really friendly and you can always have a little chat with them ;) The restaurant is really small, only few tables but it creates almost like "at home" atmosphere. If we want to eat a good pizza like in Italy we visit Da Pippo ;)

Visited December 2012