“Best sushi in Aargau”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

Definitely the best sushi in Baden and the region. Very fresh. I will recommend to make a reservation if you would like to go on the weekend

Reviewed 4 July 2013

Fresh sushi, always at hi quality standards. The selection of plates is not huge but the staff members are always very kind and helpful. Definitely gonna keep going!

1  Thank ChristinaMan
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Very good sushi with wide selection of fishes and vegetables. Excellent service, very helpful in choosing.

Reviewed 2 December 2012

Well have been to this place loads of times mainly over lunch normally for the past couple of years. Normally I have the Sushi of the belt and couple of times also have had the food from the Japanese Grill. From the price perspective its OK have been to many other crappy Japanese restaurants in Switzerland where the price was double than this place and quality more or less the same, so price is more or less fine. From the service perspective the guys behind the Sushi bar are very friendly always and from the service staff side really depends who is on duty that day as have had a mix of experiences which was more or less ok.

Reviewed 30 August 2012

My son and I wanted to have sushi and decide on Sayori. The carousel concept was interesting, I thought it would be nice to just grab what we wanted instead of waiting for a waitress to order, and then wait more for the sushi to come. When we got there, the place was empty. I asked the waitress if they were open, and she said yes, and sat us at teh sushi bar. She was less than friendly. She remained unfriendly throughout out experience there. There was another waiter who was very friendly, however. Very attentive.
We were not offered a menu, so apparently, sushi was it for us. I thought that perhaps there would be some appetizer choices like seaweed salad or gyoza. If they have that, I wouldn't know. There were two sushi chefs working. The carousel was empty at first, but filled up pretty quickly with various sushi offerings. We were not told how the pricing worked, so I asked. I almost fell off my chair when the waitress told me that the plates started at CH10! There is a small symbol on the corner of the plate. One symbol is CH10, and then it goes up from there, up to CH16 something. Most dishes were two symbols, something like CH12 a pop.
The quality of the sushi was average. Good, but nothing special. The pieces were pretty small, especially for the price, and many dishes had cooked fish inside, instead of typical raw fish. The dishes did not tell you what type of sushi you were selecting, so it was a guessing game. At CH12 to CH14 a plate, I am less inclined to want to play guessing game. The sushi chefs did not say what the dishes were, even they saw us stare at the plates inquisitively. They were there to pretty much make the sushi, and that was that.

Overall, the food was alright, but not great. It was extremely overpriced. The wait staff review is mixed. The waitress was awful, but the waiter was very good. In the end, I would probably not go there again. They also have a habachi type cooking area, so that might be worth a try. Be prepared to spend a bundle. We had enough sushi to fell full, a couple of drinks, and it was CH130... Not impressed.

1  Thank Chefsprive