My family spent Christmas at the Linder Hotel in Leukerbad. After reading other reviews we knew the rooms were tired... boy were they tired! I am a small female (162cm, 60kgs) and found the shower terribly small... so small it was difficult to wash my hair as my elbows banged against the sides. My brother who is over 6 foot also struggled with the shower.
As Australian's we are used to decent sized hotel rooms, and I'm told European rooms are smaller than what we're used to however these were tiny. 2 adults and 2 suitcases... Tight squeeze!
WiFi is only available in reception.
Breakfast is good, staff on reception are helpful. Pools within the hotel are great, especially the outdoor pool in the snow. The hotel is also located a 5 minute walk to the gondola to the nearby ski resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Thermal Hotels & Walliser Alpentherme Leukerbad is centrally located in Leukerbad which is known as the largest thermal area of the Swiss Alps. On a height of 1.411 meters surrounded by the Valais Alps it combines tradition and modern lifestyle. The Thermal Hotels & Walliser Alpentherme consists of 3 buildings: the Grand Bain, the Maison Blanche (built 1625) and Hotel de France (built 1845) which is located directly next to the main building. All buildings possess a long and interesting history. The 135 rooms and suites are spread out between the three buildings and connected by an underground tunel so that all facilities and the Walliser Alpentherme can be reached easily. The rooms are comfortably equipped either modern or in the typical local style of the area. We are offering 7 meeting rooms up to 200 persons. Banquet hall Balmhorn is perfectly suitable for festive events and weddings. Tailor-made incentives if requested. The hotels have their own wellness area with thermal indoor- and outdoor pool, sauna, steambath and grotto bath as well as a beautiful garden to relax. Directly next to the hotel the Walliser Alpentherme is situated with a wide variety of beauty- and wellness services. The restaurant Maison Blanche offers you every morning a rich and tasty breakfast. A culinary highlight is our restaurant Sacre Bon in Hotel de France. It invites you with its warm atmosphere to enjoy the evening with traditional meals from Valais or international creations from our chef. The Bar Grand Bain is the ideal place to end your day either in front of the chimney with live piano music during the winter season or on our terrace with an amazing view on the alps during summer season. We offer numerous services as for example free Wifi at our hotel lobby and free luggage and parking service by our porter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Thermal Hotels und Walliser Alpentherme & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lindner Hotels Alpentherme Leukerbad Hotel Leukerbad
- Lindner Hotel Alpentherme Leukerbad
- Lindner Resort Alpentherme Leukerbad