“Just Fantastic”

Parkhotel Quellenhof
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Leukerbad
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

We've spent there a week - end. It's a very cosy family hotel . We have had a junior suite on the 3rd floor with balcony . Location of hotel is just fantastic. The best spa ( le bain ) is basically next door. ( 5 mins of walking distance ) . There are big choice of restaurants, where the staff , service and the food are also very nice :-)
Hotel is very clean. Beds are very comfortable. Bathrooms ( we had 2) are sparkling . Apart that , staff is very friendly . You have variety of choose of food at breakfast . Staff has very warm attitude to the guests. We had to check out at 11, we were an hour late, but nobody even mentioned that at reception . Yes , I recommend this hotel to everyone who wants to spend a nice time in Leukerbad.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Marina A

Reviewed 12 September 2013

We had a 3 night stay in July in a room on the 1st floor with a sunny balcony. We bought the package that included dinner, use of the gondola lifts, and use of the Alpentherme spa. The dinners were excellent, the chef should be commended. We used the gondola lifts twice in order to do some hikes at high altitude. We also used the spa entry passes. One should be aware that the passes were only good for Alpentherme spa which is a 3 minute walk, a smaller and quieter facility than the Leukerbad city spa. However, we had visited the city spa before and missed the greater variety of pools and water massage jets. Back to the hotel: a nice clean large room with two bathrooms (one shower + toilet, one bathtub). However, the beds were quite hard and not too comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. The only things we thought that might make this hotel better was if it had its own pool/spa, fitness and wellness possibilities (massage, etc).

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AKHCERN
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I made a last-minute booking so that my room was spacious with 2 wide windows but no balcony. I enjoyed my stay but highly recommend you to stay a room with a balcony. The view from the balcony must be splendid because they face directly massive cliffs.

This hotel does not have its own pools. but the Alpentherme locates just across the road. I saw some guests putting on only a robe over the bathing suit and visiting there without belongings(You can rent a robe and a towl in a bathing bag for 10 CHF at Quellenhof).

Extra package includes dinner which is served in a fre-fix style; Salad and appetizer from buffet board, soupe, choice of main (fish or meat), dessert, cheese from buffet board again. I would not say each of them is complicated meal, but tastes good. If you are lazy to find a restaurant, it is worth a shot. Unfortunately coffee at breakfast is washy.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I booked a junior suite in this hotel. Good check in, rapid and efficient. Room excellent with 2 large bathrooms, a living room and modern furnitures. I would have preferred a king size bed as 2 bed, although comfortables, are not the best. Plus maybe some additional pillows. Amazing the silence.. Perfect for the maximum relax. Breakfast tasty and with very good quality products.
Hotel offers for 49 chf 3hours stay at thermal baths, cable car and a dinner. We did not take this offer as the weather conditions was so bad and unfortunately menu was not compatible with my allergy. But looking at restaurant area seems very quiet and nice. Hotel is in front of thermal baths and parking facilities are also in front. Is my second stay at Leukerbad, I can recommend this hotel for a relax even if I prefer hotel with direct connection to thermal baths and/or indoor spa. But as good alternative nice and quiet hotel to stay at.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cris M
Reviewed 2 February 2013

Affordable Swiss-quality hotellerie at its best! Not so easy to find, but once you're there, everything is so convenient! Excellent bed and bathroom; very friendly staff in a yet quite busy hotel, excellent food in the evening. You should def get the daily voucher including reduction at Alpentherme and the dinner. Just a small point. Some of the rooms are actually parts of suites, only separated by a door - can be noisy.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 January 2013

Went to this hotel for the Christmas period ,with my nineteen year old daughter and partner . We booked a standard room on the third floor , with a view to die for , the room was very comfortable and plenty big enough for three adults . We all found the Hotel to be superb , especially the food WOW!.We booked the classic pass ! which also was very good value , free access to Alpentherme , free rides in the cable car , gorgeous dinner and breakfast and we also used the Erli ski area , and didnt pay . We will be making this trip every year ,all being well !!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank gilliantapping
Reviewed 3 November 2012

We booked 2 a superior double for two nights here. When we arrived (slightly frustrated after looking for the hotel), we got told that there was no reservation in the system. Luckily I had the printout from the booking, which I had made on the hotel's own website! As they had none of the booked room type available, I got shown 2 different rooms that were both a available. These were only nominally cheaper than the room I booked, but were not renovated and were very small. Sad was the only word that came to my mind when looking at the rooms. I didn't know what to say to the receptionist. Luckily she then said that there was still one other room, and gave it to me at the price I booked the room at. The room we got was a renovated suite (*315). Room was very nice, design seemed a bit cold due to the lack of any carpet or rug, and with minimal wall decoration. There was no dvd player in the room, but at least there was a fridge. I forgave the hotel after this.. but I was quite frustrated when we showed up and the booking was gone. (the very friendly receptionist was also not too apologetic, although it was their fault not mine). We took the 'quellenhof pass classic' for two days, with which you paid 49 frangs (pp, per day), and got a ride with the gemmibahn, 3 hrs in the spa, free usage of the sport arena and a 4-course dinner (with choice between fish or meat). This was a good deal, the only downside is that it has to be taken for the entire stay. (maybe not something for someone staying for a week). I don't think we will be staying here again, although I can recommend the hotel as a nice place to stay, as long as you don't get one of the old crappy rooms which, mind you, are not worth the money you pay for them. So book a renovated one or stay somewhere else! Staff was very friendly, also in the restaurant where they seemed to speak any language necessary. Food was also quite tasty and the salad buffet at dinner marvelous. The location for the hotel was also quite handy, just be aware that you will have to pay for the parking in the spa parking, hotel doesn't have its own parking.

Room Tip: Make sure what you book is renovated!