Hotel Viktoria
  • Pool
Hotel dala(Leukerbad)
Hotel Alfa(Leukerbad)
  • Restaurant
All reviewswalking distancethermal bathsfree accessspathermevillage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 March 2014

A family with boys aged 11 and 16, we found that the hotel was really very nice and everything we were hoping for.
Very close to the baths, a spectacular view on the valley, large room and impeccable bathroom, a balcony.
The boys slept on a kind of mezzanine, a bit on the small side but okay
Everything very, very clean.
Everybody nice and welcoming.
Free entry to the baths (bathrobes and towels from the hotel), to the sports center (with skating ring, squash, etc.)., and many other things we did not have time to try.
No mini-bar but there were fruit in a bowl and bottles of water.
The breakfast was great too.
I wrote before coming to ask Could I use a toaster, as I have to eat gluten-free bread and I was thinking of bringing my own bread..
They offered to get me fresh gluten-free bread from the local bakery! This was really unexpected and much appreciated (and the bread was absolutely de-li-cious, one of the best I've ever tried).
You cannot eat there apart from breakfast, but it is really not a problem as there are a lot of places all around, at a maximum walking distance of 10 minutes I think.
But on a Friday or a Saturday night, you'd better phone in advance to book a table. On Friday night, we had to try 3 places before finding a restaurant where they could squeeze us in.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Neuch_11
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Booked a weekend in Leukerbad. The location of the hotel is excellent, just opposite the thermals baths and a 5 minute walk from the bus station. You get free entry to the baths (The hotel provides towels and bathrobes too) plus free use of the cable cars which is a real bonus.

We received a very warm & friendly welcome and were shown to a room on the 1st floor which looked down the valley. The bathroom was modern & the room as warm as toast.

Breakfast was a decent spread with cereals, yoghurt, meat, cheese and bread & croissants.

The only place where the hotel fell down slightly was with the cleanliness, the maids missed one or two things (hairs in shower, grubby balcony chairs). Other than that no complaints.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2013

we had 2 single rooms facing the burgerbath and one doubble facing the valley. nothing to complain about any of the rooms. lots of food at the brakefeast buffet. service friendly and fast.
i could not find any problems as one guest from saint petersburg had to write about. clorine smell??
never!
noise from the water? yes you can hear the water fountains if the door is opend. that is not disdurbing.
some people need to write bad things or else there not happy. grow up!!
i will go back to the hotel victoria.
Erwin R. Calgary Canada

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Nice hotel with a perfect view. Had a room with extra roof space for the children and a lovely balcony
Close to burgerbad, parking, gemini, torrent, bus, restaurants, shopping.
The host family was very friendly and helpfull. Nice breakfast. I can recommend this hotel to other families.Travelled with my wife and two children 5,8.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I arrived in Leukerbad midafternoon and was picked up at the bus station by the owner. He was very friendly and informative. The hotel has a great location, right next to the Burgerbad. The hotel will loan you a towel and robe, all you need to do is change into your swimtrunks and robe, then walk to the burgerbad. Breakfast is very good, many things to choose from. The hotel has been renovated and is very clean. It has WiFi that you can use from your room. They have a hotel system in Leukerbad that allows guest to use the thermal baths and Gemibahn for free. It is a great deal. The Owners made me feel like I was a part of the family. I was so enamored with my stay in May that I brought my Son with me in June. I asked Inger for a recommendation on where to purchase a Tschaggata mask, she not only told me where to get one but made an appointment for me to visit the artist home to purchase one.

Room Tip: Try for a room with a view of the valley. There is a stream below that you can listen to all night.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family