Hotel La Tour d'Ai
Hotels.com
US$169
US$165
  • Bar/Lounge
No availability for your dates from our partners
Residence Panorama Villars(Villars-sur-Ollon)
TripAdvisor
Eurotel Victoria(Villars-sur-Ollon)
Hotels.com
All reviewsthank you very muchswiss hotelthe hotel staffcroissantsbedsmountainsvillage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 September 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night in July before meeting up with a group for a week long activity holiday at another hotel.I chose the hotel based on price. This is a very basic hotel. My room was very small and the lighting was very poor. I was disappointed that the lounge closed early so that when I arrived back after a meal at about 9pm I had to go straight to my room. Breakfast was OK but nothing to write home about. On the plus side, the hotel offers a pretty decent WiFi service which you don't have to pay for. Always good when you want to call home on Skype and avoid horrendous roaming charges in Switzerland. The hotel is family run and the best part about it is the staff, They are extremely obliging and in fact the owner gave me a lift to another hotel the next day. While Switzerland is expensive and I'd have found a good 3 or decent 4 star hotel in Ireland for the same price, when compared to what else is available in Switzerland the price here was reasonable. In summary, this is a very basic hotel but with really nice staff who make the stay worthwhile.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 July 2011

We stayed just one night en route to Italy, but glad we made the small detour off the main drag.

The room was very clean and cosy with fabulous views over the mountains. Free wifi was a great facility and helped us to find a good restaurant in Leysin. The free car park was an added bonus. The breakfast room overlooks the mountains, a Nespresso machine was a unique touch with fresh bread, cheese, cold meats & cereals.

Leysin is beautiful and not too far up the mountain, so the drive up wasn't too scary.

A big sports complex just on the outskirts of town offers plenty for the energetic in all seasons.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Leigh_Forman
Reviewed 4 July 2011

The hotel is a great gem with a free parking lot. We would rate it A+++. The views are simply lovely. The rooms are clean and tidy with nice balconies which provide fantastic outside views of the mountains and the town. There is free internet access and other amenities like television. The beds are nice, soft and cozy. The place is comfortable, calm and quiet. I could get a peaceful sleep at nights. The bathroom was good with a nice shower in it. The breakfast buffet was great with choice foods. There are also nice restaurants nearby where you can get good food at very reasonable prices. The staffs were quite friendly. I loved my stay here at this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Fred_redeo21
Reviewed 29 August 2010

I liked the tour d'ai, lovely views, simple rooms with balconies. The building is a nice, typical alpine hotel. It is right in the centre of leysin, about 100m form le fromagerie, a lovely restaurant with great raclette! Beds are comfy, although we are a couple and asked for a double, and ended up with 2 single beds pushed together.

The only negative point about this hotel is that the staff were nowhere to be seen when i wanted to ask questions! I can see that this would have been a problem for some guests, but we were there for a wedding with our short stay organised for us, so this was not an issue for us.

Overall, good value for leysin, which is not a cheap place for accomodation.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2010

We didn't actually get to stay here because even though we booked our stay for June in February, a few days before we arrived they sent us an e-mail saying that would not be honoring our reservation due to an unexplained "technical error" on their part. Would not explain what that technical error was, but moved us to a very poorly rated hotel near them. We chose not to stay there, as our only reason fro even going to Leysin was to stay at this highly rated hotel. We found other accommodations at a greater expense and even greater inconvenience. We susoect we were booted from the hotel because they were able to get more money out of someone else. VERY BAD BUSINESS. DON'T TRUST THIS PLACE.

Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple