“Quiet and secluded break”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Darley Moor
Darwin Forest Country Park
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Just got back from a Monday - Friday stay at the park.

Couldn't fault a thing. From arrival to departure, everything was to the highest standard.

The staff were friendly and helpful, the lodge was spotless upon arrival, the location was quiet and secluded.

Had a two course meal in the Forrester's every night and this was exceptional. The food was gorgeous, the service excellent. Looked forward to it every night. Even the food in the Little Monsters play area was to a very high standard.

If you're after a bit of peace and quiet in a tranquil relaxing location, then look no further,

Will certainly be back soon.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeffrey U

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed for a 4 day break, fabulous lodge clean tidy no hot water unless requested by boost button but hey these things happen. Last day went shopping for gifts and souvenirs brilliant time my little girl loved every minute In fact this is the second time we have stayed, like a fool left some things behind when we left just food stuff mainly no big issue however on arriving home realised that I left the 2 bags of gifts in the wardrobe in the main bedroom rang the park straight away only to be told nothing had been found only a green t-shirt!!!!!! No food no gifts !!!! I am absolutely gutted it's my own fault for forgetting them but I would have thought that who ever found them would have realised they were children's gifts and souvenirs and would have handed them into reception .....NO ........does it take a genius to work what has happened I think not. So angry. Rang reception twice useless, messaged on Facebook 3days to reply useless thanks for all your help!

4  Thank Charp33
Pinelogger, Manager at Darwin Forest Country Park, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Hello again,
I have messaged you on several occasions and have now noticed that you have posted your issues on Trip Advisor. I did not know you had left other food stuff in the lodge, this would have been thrown away by the housekeeping team as standard. I am sorry you feel that our staff have been dishonest but I assure you that we constantly receive lost property into the reception and we have returned hundreds of items to happy customers. As I pointed out to you before sometimes mistakes can happen and things can get mistaken for rubbish but you are not willing to accept this.
I would have liked the opportunity to speak to you about this but unfortunately you have chosen to deal with it on several public forums. Our excellent reputation means everything to our business and we strive to give every customer a fabulous holiday.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

My husband and I booked a week long break at Darwin Forest for our honeymoon in a 2 bedroom lodge with a hot tub. The check in was easy and our lodge was absolutely spotless and well equipped. We have stayed at Darwin Forest previously and have had a great time every visit. The park was so peaceful and quiet and we spent most nights in the hot tub relaxing. We ate at The Foresters Inn 3 times and each time the food was very good, would definitely recommend. The facilities are fantastic and is very well placed for days out without having to travel too far. We had one issue with water dripping through a window due to the lodge condensating but once reported to reception someone came out to check it and it was resolved straight away. Would definitely recommend the hot tub lodges it is worth the extra money. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nt49

Thank you for your kind comments and we are thrilled you enjoyed your honeymoon at Darwin Forest.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Stayed here for a long weekend with Grandma, super aunt and my two young children (6 months and 4 yrs). As regular holiday makers and having visted many sites this was by far the most tidy and well presented that we have ever been to. Nothing unsightly, damaged or unkept. Made it feel like the effort has gone in to make it five star. All facilities were spotless with nice touches. Little monkeys was immaculate in the gym and toilets even though it was busy. Very impressed.Our lodge was 5 star, clean with loads of utensils. Gorgeous sheets and pillows. Spent a full day on site so much to do. Would recommend the orienteering to see the whole site. Would we visit again? Well we would but one thing knocked off a star and blighted our trip and that was a simple thing but significant. It was the attitude of the receptionist on arrival and throughout our stay. We were really offended and it still upsets us now. We arrived rather tired after a long drive and full day out at the tram village. My sister and I entered the office excited ready for our key a map smile and an enjoy your break.Instead the lady looked down her nose at us, no smile. I immediatley thought what are we doing here this is not how it should be. She then asked for our booking ref. I did not have it to hand. I never get asked for this at checkin. She sighed and huffed and asked for my car reg. I was then flustered and could not recall it. I managed to tell her the make. I then felt like a total inconvenience but was horrified when it became apparent that I had only put her out to the extent that she had to browse through a side of A4 with 5 names on to locate our lodge key. She huffed as she did that. At no point did she smile or show any interest or warmth towards us. And we felt like scum on the floor. No enjoy your break, or come and ak if things are not ok. Nothing just another snooty look. We had all our excitement blown out of us and a knock to our confidence. A feelly bad reflection on the company. Her attitude towards us was the same when we went in for a map. A real shame but this attitude was not experienced with other staff who were great. Darwin need to work on their staff training and insist on some friendly conversation and a smile. Really did spoil our stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JapeLeeds

Thank you for your feedback on both the park and the staff. Staff training is a vital part of our business and if you could help us that would be good. Our Head Receptionist Donna would be very interested in getting more details from you about your experience. If you feel you could help please call our reception and ask for Donna. The number is 01629 732428.
Thank you......

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Just got back after a lovely weekend. The Park is very relaxing and lodges are far apart not to be bothered by neighbours. Also liked the fact that you could park the car right outside. Lodge was very clean with good quality furnishings and kitchen equipment. Beds and pillows were also very good quality. The Lodge was excellent for a family weekend with 3 young children who loved the soft play area and Adventure playground. Did not go into Little Monkeys as the weather was too nice to be inside. We all loved the tranquil setting and staff were very friendly and helpful. Excellent wifi too. Would definitely go back again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback!! We are pleased you had a lovely stay.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

We booked this half term break last minute and apart from the weather we had a very relaxing break. The lodges are very clean and are equipped with everything you need. Our children (8 and 6) loved exploring the park on their bikes and running around in the woods. The pool is very clean and we also used the on site soft play when the weather was bad. There is loads to do in the area - cycling along the disused railway line was the best highlight - through tunnels and across a viaduct - finished off with a well earned lunch at the cafe where we hired the bikes.
We'll be back!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Onlybananas

It is always lovely to read the great feedback. It sounds like your kids had a great time!!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

This is my second visit but this time I was with my parents, sisters/husbands and my young nephew. We had an 8berth lodge and it was perfect for our group. We enjoyed the pool, had a nice meal in the pub/restaurant and the take away pizzas were delicious!!! The park is perfect for family groups. we hired BBQ and a gate which were delivered very promptly (refundable deposit).

Room Tip: Next time we'd like a hot tub chalet....looked lovely and quite secluded/private.