“Abdullah”
Review of Restaurant du Nord

Restaurant du Nord
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Chexbres
Description: The restaurant is open from 9:00 in the morning to 12:00 at night. The cuisine is open from 11:30 to 14:00 and from 18:30 to 22:00
Reviewed 8 April 2019 via mobile

I recommend to eat in this restaurant, food are delicious deserts are awesomeeee:) and service absolutely great and very friendly staff.
I dont eat pork and meat due to my religious beliefs, when I mentioned to waiter ( he is name Guiseppe) he was introducing me with alot of options of delicious dishes my family snd i gad a great time . I have to also mention that atmosphere and presentation of food was excellent and very very tasty . I had a great chat with the Giuseppe and he was aware of muslim customs. I will definitely go there with my family and friends ! I highly recommend to visit restaurant Du Nord . For me i give this restaurant 10 out of 10 and 5 stars from me !

Reviewed 8 April 2019

Du Nord was a pleasant village eatery, with little particular ambiance.

We had the filets-de-perche; OK, but not spectacular. No prior salad was included...

Service was Italian, and prompt.

1  Thank Pekka R
Reviewed 7 April 2019 via mobile

3 brothers from Italy, 2 of them previously employees, took over a little while ago.

Service really welcoming and caring. Food needs improvement, for what we had at least. We haven't tried the pasta or.pizza so won't comment. We did have the sea bass in a lemon sauce, fresh vegetables, with "pommes allumettes" (chips, but very thin), as well as the veal cutlets alla milanese with pasta. Fish was well cooked, sauce was bland and unzesty. Potatoes were overcooked. Vegetables were undercooked. Should be "all dente", but not that firm. Veal cutlets were perfect: tasty, well seasoned, piping hot, sauce was pleasant. Pasta (fresh, I believe) was slightly overcooked and sticky. Last but not least, plates should be warmed before serving, it completely changes the quality of the meal. Especially if serving items such as chips which get cold in 5 minutes tops. Then had the meringue and cream, as well as creme brulee as desserts. Good meringue, not enough cream, creme brulee good but far too sweet. And expensive. Complimentary cheap limoncello, basically yellow alcohol with a ton of sugar.

Overall, average. Could be more creative, need to perfectly master their dishes, as the restaurant is expensive in regards of the quality of the food. We did wait for at least 45 minutes. On a Sunday, I don't mind (restaurant was full), but as a business owner, you need to be aware of everything and warn your customers about the waiting time ahead of them.

After having politely, in a positive critical manner, explained the above points to one of the three owners, I was thanked. I would've preferred a commercial token of appreciation, but no.

Don't think I'll be back, there are more creative, affordable addresses worth exploring out there.

To the owners: be sharper, aware of what is going on, reduce your menu, master your dishes and service, lower your prices or improve (drastically) your product.

2  Thank Sk00tch
Reviewed 31 March 2019 via mobile

From the cosy family environment to the delicious food and wonderful service, I would highly recommend this restaurant to everyone.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed 2 February 2019

As the only restaurant open on a Sunday (apart from our hotel) we were very pleased in choosing to reserve and eat here. The staff were really friendly, helpful and genuinely welcoming to my wife and I. There were plenty of local people eating there, including 2 couples together for one of their party's birthday.

Date of visit: January 2019