“Better options available”

Ibis Geneve Aeroport Hotel
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Cointrin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Before I stayed here I thought all hotels in this chain were pretty much the same- not amazing but absolutely fine. This place however is worse than most. I had to queue a very long time to check in and room I was given had stained sheets and smelt strongly of smoke. This is the only time I've ever had to ask to change room; they were happy to switch me and I got the impression that this happens a lot. On this trip I also stayed at the NH airport hotel not far away and for pretty much the same price- I'd stay there again but not here.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank RichardP1978
PASCALSIMON, Directeur général at Ibis Geneve Aeroport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear Richard,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Geneve Aeroport. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Pascal SIMON, Manager

Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Hotel located near airport with bus transfer included. Housing facilities as any other ibis around the world - small rooms, only a bit more expensive - it's in Geneve... It offers a 24h bus ticket as all hotels do and has a bus direct to airport and city center.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 March 2014

This Ibis hotel is nicely located near the Geneva airport. Newly refurbished and quite nice, but still an Ibis. I would say that the rooms are efficient and clean, but nothing more than the bare minimum is provided.
The best thing with this hotel, except for the location, is the breakfast. A good basic assortment, but high quality and quite pleasant.
Internet was very spotty and unstable in my room, so I had to sit and work in the lobby instead. Also had some problems with the vending machine, but the staff helped me (and many many others) to get what I needed.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 March 2014

A notice on the door said the hotel is being refurbished. Our room had been refurbished and was fine: good bed, good bed clothes, new bathroom pod. Pity the aircon seemed unable to raise the temperature. The restaurant was like a factory canteen. Perhaps it is waiting to be refurbished. But we were charged CHF91 (about £65) for 2 rough old steaks and chips with 50cl of house wine. We were not impressed. Even though on the map the hotel seems close to the airport, walking is out of the question. However the shuttle bus seemed very reliable at 20 minute intervals.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

As you would expect with an hotel right by the airport this is a noisy place to spend the night and a motorway right outside doesn't help. If possible get a room with an odd number because the even number rooms are on the noisy side. The food in the bar is quite good for an inexpensive hotel chain, but pricey. The decor is getting a bit scruffy in places with lifting wallpaper and the odd scuff mark but it is very clean and tidy.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
PASCALSIMON, Directeur général at Ibis Geneve Aeroport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Madam or Sir,

Pascal SIMON, Manager

Reviewed 31 January 2014

Nothing special but you would only stay here if you were going to the airport.

It was exactly as I expected, a hotel with no pretensions in being anything other than at the basic end of the market.

Room was clean and the bed comfortable.

Basic WiFi worked , very slowly but don't try to download anything.

Staff were helpful .

Restaurant served very basic meals in the evening and breakfast for 15CF was nothing to write home about.

Free shuttle to and from airport runs every 20 minutes , on time and no waiting.

If you stay here take your booking information with you , I had to prove that the rate I booked at was true, otherwise you will be charged a higher rate.

This hotel is all about location and nothing else.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Andy P
Reviewed 30 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank patanddaij
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cointrin
ibis budget Geneva
NH Geneva Airport
#2 of 2 in Meyrin
Holiday Inn Express Geneva Airport
Starling Geneva Hotel & Conference Center
Starling Geneva Hotel & Conferen...
#1 of 2 in Le Grand Saconnex
Crowne Plaza Geneva
Crowne Plaza Geneva
#1 of 6 in Cointrin

Been to Ibis Geneve Aeroport Hotel? Share your experiences!