This hotel treated me really poorly, made me feel like a criminal. I wanted to pay "for incidentals" in cash but they insisted on taking a swipe on my card which blocked my use of the card.
Despite the fact that I had not planned to use the overpriced mini bar, when I asked them to release the authorisation on my card, they insisted in on entering my room and emptying the mini bar, the nuts and the confectionary.
At breakfast I was hassled mercilessly for payment despite my room rate INCLUDED breakfast.
Not only am I an Accor Gold Card holder but I am an IHG Gold Card member but at the Crowne Plaza Geneva this means nothing.
The room? it was OK but even though I was in room 522 on the fifth floor the road noise was very intrusive at 5am and sleep quality was poor.
Despite arriving and choosing my breakfast - there was a good selection - I was harassed for payment so ended up leaving it. I was offered a refund.
Few things in life are guaranteed, but one is I will never return to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza Geneva makes every effort to make you feel at home away from home and welcomes you in a modern and elegant superior 4-star hotel. Our 366 rooms offer a contemporary design and a relaxing atmosphere. Located near the airport and the Palexpo conference and exhibition centre, the hotel is ideal to explore Geneva in no time; you will be able to get to the city centre in only fifteen minutes. Enjoy the tourist attractions, the walks around the lake, the vibrant streets and luxury shops of the city centre! Feel like shopping? Geneva’s biggest commercial centre is located a few minutes away from the hotel. The hotel offers a free hotel shuttle bus from the airport and a well as a Public Transport card to the city centre. Restaurant Seventy5 welcomes you all year round in a modern brasserie style. The chef invites you to enjoy creative and innovative cuisine: grill, raw bar, vegetarian and seasonal products. To relax, a beautiful terrace awaits you on the garden side during the summer. The Seventy5 is perfect for your business meetings and guarantees fast and friendly service in just 30 minutes with our “Business Lunch.” With a banquet and conference centre of 18 modular rooms and a total capacity of 1200 people, the Crowne Plaza offers one of the largest event areas in Geneva and is the right place to meet. Whether you are coming to Geneva on business or to discover the treasures of Calvin’s city, the Crowne Plaza Geneva offers a quality image of Switzerland and welcomes you in a world of elegance, generosity and authenticity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Southall Travel, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Crowne Plaza Geneva reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Geneva Hotel Cointrin
- Ramada Geneva
- Ramada Cointrin
- Cointrin Ramada
- Ramada Hotel Geneva
- Crowne Plaza Geneva Canton Of Geneva, Switzerland