“Would not Recommend”
Review of Nash Airport Hotel

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Cointrin
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Had to stay there last week on short notice, all other Hotels were fully booked out in the area.
All I will say is if you really have to stay there, do, but leave any expectations you have of what a hotel is like in the transfer bus and just put it down to one of those experiences you want to quickly forget. This experience cost me €205 for the night!!

Room Tip: Different Hotel !!
Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank SharkieCork
ManagerNash, General Manager at Nash Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2012

Dear Sir,
Thank you to have taken the time to review our Hotel. We regret to know you did not appreciate your stay with us. Actually we receive as well many good feedback and we have as well many repeating guests staying with us. So we believe that our services are appreciated from many guests. The numbers of review you can read under our hotel are very few comparing the number of guests that are staying with us. We would like to know more exactly what was missing on our services that made you appreciation for our hotel under our average classification. We just would like to know this information to share it with our team to improve the points you believe could be done better. Thank you for contacting us at nash.airport@compass-group.ch and we can get in touch with you personally. Looking forward to hear from you I send you my best greetings. Nash Airport Hotel

Reviewed 3 October 2012

This hotel is terrible ... stayed there many times due to my company ! Rooms and their bathrooms are small and not well maintained ! My wash bassin was blocked after just shaving. Shower is old dark behind the entrance door Shower head is cheap and basic plastic, full of limestone not working well.
Small computer style TV fixed on wall !
Reception staff lazy and rude , 1 women working in Restaurant was friendly !
Moreover they rent out rooms to swiss military which makes this really odd to see all this army personel ! I guess it would be better to keep this hotel as a military base camp than an airport hotel

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Swiss_Traveller1965
ManagerNash, General Manager at Nash Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2012

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your review at our Hotel. We regret our hotel was not up to your expectations. We regret to know that you were visiting our hotel many times and you did never contact the management of the hotel during your visits. Actually we have a lot of companies that use our hotel and we do have generally good returns. We are glad to have every day some rooms booked to the Swiss Army. Out TV size are actually bigger that a small computer as you describe. Our rooms were renovated end 2008 in a modern style and our pictures in the web sites are representative. We are sorry to know that our sink was blocked during your stay, be certain that this is not very common and our technical department is here to support any miss functioning that may happen. Looking forward to meet you during you next visit I send you my best greetings. Best Regards. Nash Airport Hotel

Reviewed 27 September 2012

Airport hotels tend to be more expensive and I found The Nash to be in line with that policy. We had not booked in advance and were not intending to stay at Geneva Airport but circumstances and an early flight we had no choice. I must say reception was very helpful and the room allocated was very clean and comfortable. The restaurant had a varied menu, if a little expensive, but was freshly cooked and satisfied us. We paid 180CHF and the very helpful reception staff included breakfast in the price. No noise from aircraft, comfortable bed and no complaints.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
ManagerNash, Manager at Nash Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your visit. We are delighted to know, that your stay in our hotel was up to your expectation . We are happy that you have liked the location, the rooms, the offer on our continental breakfast buffet and last but not least the service received by our employees. Thank you for reviewing our hotel and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon for another occasion.

Reviewed 17 September 2012

I was flying out early morning from Geneva, so was looking for five hours sleep. Airport tourism recommended Nash Hotel close by to airport. When I reached front desk they told me it will be 186 euro per night. Hike my wife was giving her credit card, I found out that my office in California made reservation at Crown Plaza near airport. I told the front desk that sorry I have reservation. The African American gentlemen indicated that it is two late he already ran the card. I told him that he can reverse it, he refused. I asked for manager, he said he is The Manager. I asked for supervisor, he said He is The supervisor. Wow!!!. I ask for owner, he said he is The Owner. My wife and I realized that there is no point in arguing with them anymore. He was not willing to cooperate. Very unfriendly, rude and unprofessional. I end up paying for two hotels, which I plan to dispute with Amex. I would avoid this hotel at any cost. I will not stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel at any cost... Don't get trap with airport Tourism recommending this hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank bbmtraveler
ManagerNash, Manager at Nash Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2012

Dear Sir,
I have received your review and have attentively analyzed the situation that you are describing. I have checked with our night receptionist and asked him to explain his version of this situation. Our night receptionist is working with us from 5 years now and we just celebrate his anniversary a few weeks ago. We did not really have serious complaints in the past regarding his attitude, so it appears to me strange that what you have described really happened in the way you describe it. It could be a misunderstanding, I can suppose! We take seriously all our guests' comments and we have of course reviewed the procedure for a situation like this, and in the future the night receptionist will take the contact details of the guest and inform the Manager early in the morning to look at the situation and take the necessary actions immediately. Regarding the cancelation of your room charge of course this was not possible anymore. The day of your reservation our hotel was fully booked as most of the other hotels in Geneva and surrounding. We had only one room available. You have made a reservation with us and we kept the room for you till late at night. We have kept the room for you also if we did not receive a guarantee of payment, which is normally requested from hotels, and at your arrival your room was ready and correctly booked for you. We have received many and many other reservations requests this evening, and we kept the room for you! When you arrived you made the check-in and went to the room. Afterwards you find out that your company has made a reservation for you in another hotel. It seems to me very strange that after midnight you find out that you have a room in another hotel booked for you. Our cancelation policy is generally very flexible and guests that reserve a room at our hotel have the possibility to cancel their reservation without charges till 6PM the same day of the reservation. In your case the cancelation of your reservation was clearly not possible any more and the night receptionist made the correct charge to you.
I remain at your disposal for any further question or enquiry at nash.airport@compass-group.ch
Thank you and send you my best greetings.

Reviewed 26 August 2012

Ideal location if you need to catch an early flight from Geneva airport.
The hotel which was formerly the Crew hotel, still welcome a lot a airlines crews hasn't been refurbish since a wild. So don't expect too much but it's clean, you've a free shuttle on demand if necessary and free wifi.
The staff is friendly and helpful

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
ManagerNash, Manager at Nash Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your visit. We are delighted to know, that you have enjoyed our hotel and we thank you for the apreciation that you posted on Tripadvisor. Actually the Hotel rooms, restaurant, reception desk and Lobby were renovated 3 years ago with a modern style and pictures on the web site are rapresentative. Some part of the reception area still needs a lifting and this will be done as well to complete the refurnishement we did. Thanking you for your understanding and hoping to be able to welcome you back for another occasion.
With best regards,

Reviewed 29 July 2012

The staff were not helpful at all, arrived at 11pm with a 2 yo child and a lot of luggage, do you have a trolley? no... no offer of help, the guy sat on the desk and let us struggle into the lift with 8 bags... terrible. Then we paid for the hotel with a credit card we hadn't used for 2 months, the desk guy helpfully offered to put the card through maniually so we could go to bed as we were leaving at 7am.. nice of them... however at 8am the next day we found out that it had been defrauded 8 times overnight..

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
ManagerNash, Manager at Nash Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for your visit and for having taken the time to share your impressions on this traveller site. We are sorry to know, that you did not enjoy our services and we did not meet your expectations. The employee at the reception should have taken the time to help you. He should have noticed the considerable amount of suitcases you took with you, he should have of course also noticed that you were alone with your kids and he should have given you the support you deserved to receive. So we are really sorry all this did not happen. This is of course an issue for improvement from our side and I will share your comment with our team to avoid in the future this kind of situations. Regarding your credit card charge we certainly have charged you the amount corresponding to the room rate you booked with us. In case you have doubts please send us an e-mail (nash.airport@compass-group.ch) with your enquiry and we will take action immediately. Thank you for your comment and we are really sorry for the inconvenience and we hope we can welcome you back soon for another occasion. With best regards,

Reviewed 6 July 2012

Ideal location for overnight layover for Geneva airport. Overall it was better than I had expected looking at the various reviews & purely booked on location. Shuttle bus starts at 5am so very handy for a 6am flight. Very pricey room rates but that does seem to go for most in close proximity to Geneva airport. Free wifi. There are a couple if pizzerias / bistros just round the corner from the hotel for a reasonable meal, again hotel pricey.

Overall we had a pleasant stopover and would use again but shop around to get the best rate!!

• Stayed: June 2012
ManagerNash, Manager at Nash Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2012

Dear Sir,
Thank you very much for your feedback and comments. I am very happy you spent a great stay with us and thank you for your appreciations.
We would like to thank you for your visit and we hope we can welcome you back to our Hotel in the future.
Nash Airport Hotel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cointrin
Ibis Geneve Aeroport Hotel
ibis budget Geneva
ibis budget Geneva
#4 of 6 in Cointrin
Starling Geneva Hotel & Conference Center
Starling Geneva Hotel & Conferen...
#1 of 2 in Le Grand Saconnex
Crowne Plaza Geneva
Crowne Plaza Geneva
#1 of 6 in Cointrin

Been to Nash Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!