“Okay for early flight, but MUST KNOW tips”
Review of Nash Airport Hotel

Nash Airport Hotel
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Cointrin
Reviewed 25 February 2013

There is an early morning shuttle, but do know the shuttle does not really "stop" for you. It is almost a moving shuttle. So if you have a 5:20am shuttle, be there at 5:15 and so forth. They will not wait and are VERY RUDE if you complain. The rooms are fine and quiet. DO NOT leave anything with the front desk. I left my car key, secure in an envelope and was told it would go in the safe. When my husband picked it up, it was NOT in the envelope and NOT in the safe. After 30 minutes or so, they found it loose in the desk with no name or label!!! They did comp the parking, so that was nice. The man that took the key was very nice (night staff), but I would never ever trust the staff the hold something for you.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank boulderp

Reviewed 15 February 2013

A group of 43 students and two teachers stayed at the Nash Airport Hotel for four nights while in Geneva. If we go back to Geneva we will probably stay with the same hotel again.

We met a welcoming staff when we arrived late in the evening. Breakfast was fine and with free Geneva transportation cards the hotel location suited us very well.

I would recomend this hotel for groups on a moderate budget visiting Geneva.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 January 2013

I was on a business trip and did not booked the hotel myself. I spent one night only... but too much already. Cool reception. The hotel is ugly, the room is very small, bleak, and noisy. The bathroom is tiny, with ugly tiles and awful red shower curtain. Even if it seems being renovated, only necessary has been done, with bad taste and low quality material and furnitures. Mini TV. No mini bar, only a drinks and candies machine near the elevator. No room service. The service is terrible; the staff do not care about client's confort. I had to pick up my dinner with a tray in the sad dinning room downstair. The food is very expensive for the quality, and the waiter even forgot the bread. When you must travel for business and are far from you home several times per months, you appreciate to spend a night in a confortable place and being friendly welcomed, which was definitly not the case. I will ask my company to never book this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Isa M
ManagerNash, General Manager at Nash Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2013

Dear Madame,
We would like to thank you for your review of our Hotel. We appreciate to receive our guest's comments and try to do better. We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied at our hotel during your stay. I am sorry if there was a misunderstanding but actually we do not promote room service and mini-bar on our web page and web bookings sites and we are clear that we do not have those services. On each floor of the hotel we have a vending machine with drinks and snacks were the guests can comfortably choose what they prefer to drink and eat. The restaurant opening hours we have are also very comfortable. We serve breakfast till 11h00, lunch from 12h00 till 17h00 and dinner from 17h00 till 23h00. Only during week-end and festivity the restaurant is closed for lunch but we serve then breakfast till 11h30. Our F&B prices policy takes in consideration our competitors' prices and we want to keep a good value for money. We are really sorry we did not meet your expectations and we will take in consideration your comments for a near future. Kind regards. Nash Airport Hotel - Manager

Reviewed 13 January 2013

We booked online a standard room with double beds. The room was decent but the service was just terrible - it was as if someone was doing us a favour let us stay there. I think the person at the desk was more interested in talking about his sex life with some two men at the pub that actually in serving us. Plus, my french is not proficient but the one from the person at the hotel desk was not much better ... and we were in the Swiss French part afterall

Room Tip: Tip: There are a bunch of hotels all nearby. I would recommend to try something else.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Yoishi
ManagerNash, Manager at Nash Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2013

Dear Sir,
thank you for your review and to have contacted me personally to explain the experience you had at our hotel. We are willing to improve our services and you detailed comments are helping us to do so.
Thank you again and I send you my best greetings.

Reviewed 27 December 2012

I was traveling together with my brother for our long planned vacation. We were in Geneva 3 weeks before that and Geneva gave me a pleasant vacation with friendly and educated people around the city centre as well as 5 star service standard even in a 3 star hotel. However, our nightmare haunted us and ruined our vacation mood when we had a day booked with Nash for our transit in Geneva airport for our next day flight. Thank god it's our last stop for our vacation, if not i will definitely request for compensation.
When we arrived at the airport taking an early flight, we called up the hotel for shuttle bus and the lady ask us to just wait at the shuttle bus area despite having to go and change coins and wasted €2 for a 1 minute conversation. We went to the place with our luggages and waited there for 30 minutes and there no shuttle bus from Nash. We've been observing other hotel's shuttle busses had picked up their guest in front of us for at least 3 rounds. It makes us feeling like a stupid fool waiting for nothing. At last we've decided to call again and here it goes another €2 for 20 seconds conversation with the same lady but this time she say she will call the shuttle and we just have to wait there. Alright given them the last chance, we waited again and it's another 15mins. Phew...it came at last but the mid 50's man driver it's extremely lazy, he just wind down the window and unlock the door. He's sitting comfortably on his driver seat as though like he's on the wheel chair that he couldn't move at all. Bare in mind the shuttle bus comes with a small baggage trailer behind it. The driver expect us to carry our huge luggage bag into the middle seat. At last we sat at the seat holding to our luggage. He didn't care to even greet us or say anything even when we ask how long is the interval for every shuttle bus from Nash. When we arrived at the hotel, we have to drag our luggage down from the shuttle and the driver will just continue the attitude of 'I don't give a damn!'. Fine! We just proceed to check in and a lady was there. We explained the scenario of what happened and she didn't apologize at all. Moreover, she ask us back "since you have been waiting for the shuttle and there's no shuttle for a long time, how come you are here now with the shuttle?". I was speechless and we don't want to waste more time with them anymore so we just proceed check into our room. There's no point highlighting the issues to them if all staffs doesn't give a damn. It'll be waste of time, intelligence & saliva talking to them. We've made a booking for the shuttle bus to airport the next morning at 7am. We were waiting at the reception to check out as there's another guest there. The reception serves us at 6.50am just nice before the shuttle arrives. While we were almost done with our check out procedures, the same old man driver walked in and rises his voice with anger looking at his watch and said that "we are running out of time, faster!". Holy sigh...is this the way the hotel treats the guest? We are not military, we are not working for Nash, we are YOUR GUEST!

I promise that we will never ever recommend this hotel to anyone and it not worth the money and patience facing these so called "Service crew". Why do the guest needs to pay a penny to teach your staffs? There are just too many excuses I've read thru here.

Wishing you all the best during the foresee Economic Crises....

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Erika T

Dear Sir,
First at all I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. This gives me the opportunity first to sincerely apologise for the shuttle service you have received and second to inform you that this service will definitively change starting the 1st of March and our shuttle will then not be on demand as today but it will make a regular schedule every 20 minutes to and from the airport. We found till now that a service on request was much appreciated from the guests but at the same time we understand that is not easy for some guests to reach us. At the airport the guest info desk they help the guests and call us to send the shuttle but some hours of the day they are closed as well so we decided to change the system.
I have spoken with the lady that gave you the welcome at our hotel and apparently there was a misunderstanding with her and she understood that a guest issue is her issue as well.
Thank you again for your review and send you my best greetings.

Reviewed 23 November 2012

I was very pleasantly surprized by this hotel. Although it is next to the airport and thus extremely convenient for early flights, etc, (it has an excellent shuttle service), it has a nice atmosphere and very friendly staff. The rooms are very quiet and comfortable and the breakfast is of high standard. We were given a 48 hour travel pass when we arrived which allowed us to travel without charge in and out of the centre on the buses, which run frequently and take about 25 minutes.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Dear Sir,
We would like to thank you very much for your review.
We are delighted to know that you appreciated our services and hotel.
We are looking forward to welcome you soon back to our hotel.
I send you my best greetings.

Reviewed 20 November 2012

Had to stay there last week on short notice, all other Hotels were fully booked out in the area.
All I will say is if you really have to stay there, do, but leave any expectations you have of what a hotel is like in the transfer bus and just put it down to one of those experiences you want to quickly forget. This experience cost me €205 for the night!!

Room Tip: Different Hotel !!
Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank SharkieCork
ManagerNash, General Manager at Nash Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2012

Dear Sir,
Thank you to have taken the time to review our Hotel. We regret to know you did not appreciate your stay with us. Actually we receive as well many good feedback and we have as well many repeating guests staying with us. So we believe that our services are appreciated from many guests. The numbers of review you can read under our hotel are very few comparing the number of guests that are staying with us. We would like to know more exactly what was missing on our services that made you appreciation for our hotel under our average classification. We just would like to know this information to share it with our team to improve the points you believe could be done better. Thank you for contacting us at nash.airport@compass-group.ch and we can get in touch with you personally. Looking forward to hear from you I send you my best greetings. Nash Airport Hotel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cointrin
Ibis Geneve Aeroport Hotel
1 mi away
NH Geneva Airport
NH Geneva Airport
#2 of 2 in Meyrin
Holiday Inn Express Geneva Airport
Starling Geneva Hotel & Conference Center
Starling Geneva Hotel & Conferen...
#1 of 4 in Le Grand Saconnex
ibis budget Geneva
ibis budget Geneva
#4 of 6 in Cointrin
Movenpick Hotel & Casino Geneva

Been to Nash Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!