We stayed at Wallawwa for 2 nights at the end of Sri Lankan holiday. It was the perfect ending to a wonderful holiday. The hotel has maintained the elegant charm of yesteryear blended with modern facilities set in a tropical oasis.
The restaurant opens onto the lawns & gardens with really good food.
Staff are very pleasant & efficient.
Enjoyed our swims & a special treat was when the waiter (unannounced) brought us complimentary sorbets to the pool.
(husband says it is the best hotel he has stayed at - has stayed at many many hotels over the years ).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wallawwa was once the country estate of the head chieftan of Galle. It is now home to The Wallawwa, Sri Lanka's first and only boutique airport hotel. Perfectly situated and designed to welcome weary travelers in style and seclusion. Just 15 minutes from Colombo airport and within touching distance of Colombo, there is now no reason to take on long car journeys after arriving at the airport. Join us, sit back and relax at the Z spa or at the Verandah restaurant and start or finish your holiday in heavenly luxury. A 17 room private boutique hotel, restaurant, spa and gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your The Wallawwa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wallawwa Hotel Kotugoda
- Wallawwa Hotel Colombo
- Wallawwa Boutique Hotel Colombo
- The Wallawwa Sri Lanka/Kotugoda