Our last night in Sri Lanka and ideal for the airport. Delightful setting with lovely gardens. Our room was excellent with an enormous bathroom with very funny shaped slate washbasins, but although we had a garden suite the terrace outside looked out onto a wall only some 10 feet away and thus one would not call it with "garden views." The pool was very disappointing - it looked very dirty and not ideal to swim in it. It had a shelf one end but no steps and thus you had to lower oneself in over the shelf - I have never come across such an odd way of getting into a pool. The dinner was very good and we were given a packed breakfast as we left early - but not impressed with it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wallawwa was once the country estate of the head chieftan of Galle. It is now home to The Wallawwa, Sri Lanka's first and only boutique airport hotel. Perfectly situated and designed to welcome weary travelers in style and seclusion. Just 15 minutes from Colombo airport and within touching distance of Colombo, there is now no reason to take on long car journeys after arriving at the airport. Join us, sit back and relax at the Z spa or at the Verandah restaurant and start or finish your holiday in heavenly luxury. A 17 room private boutique hotel, restaurant, spa and gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Wallawwa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wallawwa Hotel Kotugoda
- Wallawwa Hotel Colombo
- Wallawwa Boutique Hotel Colombo
- The Wallawwa Sri Lanka/Kotugoda