“A convenient Base”

Premier Inn Bristol Sidcot (A38) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Winscombe
Reviewed 17 April 2013

My wife and I have stayed in quite a number of Premier Inns and have always found them to be of good value, as was this one. However the reason for this stay was that we were moving home and needed accomodation while the actual selling of our old home and purchase of the new one took place. This Premier Inn was conveniently located close to both. No complaints - just two minor niggles (no soap in the bathroom container and no TV picture). Both faults though very quickly rectified by the duty Receptionist.

Room Tip: Not really
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 April 2013

The location of this Premier Inn was ideal for us when we needed an overnight stopover due to an early flight out out and late evening flight back for a recent holiday. As has been said in other reviews, the hotel could do with a refurbish as it seems to be quite a bit older than other Premier Inns I've stayed in. However, we found it clean with friendly helpful staff. Yes, the TV was dated but not a problem for us! The WiFi was good and the free 30 minutes was adequate for me.

I would not hesitate to use this Premier Inn if we need another overnight stopover when using Bristol Airport.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Simon C
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Good location, 9 miles or so from Bristol Airport - or about 10 miles south on A38. Pretty location, well away from aircraft noise. The building is set away from the road, and our room was even quieter being situated at the back of the building.

Rooms pretty much what you'd expect from Premier Inn - liked having proper twin beds rather than a double plus a roll away. My only criticism would be that the reading lights by the beds were a bit dim.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 April 2013

With Premier Inn, you pretty much know what you are going to get - I've stayed at around ten different ones and the beds are pretty standard and give you the good night's sleep they promise you. The bed was fine, the rest of the room was not!

Firstly let me say that the service was very good, the team are very friendly so this review is aimed more at the management / owners and when I say that the rooms are a little on the 'old' side, I'm putting it mildly!

I stayed two nights and on neither morning could I get a hot shower at around 7.30am. It was luke warm at best. The television in the room was one of the smallest i have ever seen - it was the old style ones, the box television, not the flat screen. Must have been 14" maximum and had I have watched it in bed I would have needed binoculars! OK, slight exaggeration, but in the end I watched it by lying bottom-to-top in bed!

The other weird thing was that I couldn't close the bathroom door when the toilet seat was down, the door was jamming on the side of the seat - a little cramped to say the least!

Heating wise, it was a cold couple of mornings and the only heating in the room was a wall heater (electric) on a wall thermostat. The ridiculous thing about it is that it blows out warm air but is positioned directly under the window in the room and the heat goes behind the curtains and out of the window. No sooner do you increase the thermostat and get back into bed at night, the heater goes off again! I could see my breath in the room in the morning when I got out of the shower! The heaters need moving to a non-external wall and away from the window,

On the plus point, wifi was reliable, good value at £3 per day (compatible with 2 devices), the breakfast was really good and the parking was conveniently close to reception.

To sum up: They need to invest in TV's, better showers, better heaters for winter. I will return, but more down to the excellent location and proximity to where I need to be, not because of the facilities there. Come on Premier Inn, show us why you're PREMIER!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 March 2013

First and foremost, it's a Premier Inn; it serves a purpose; this one, specifically, as it's handyish (still nine miles off) for Bristol Airport, which is where we were headed.
Set back off the road, so you won't be bothered by traffic noise, in an impressive building it is, nonetheless, a tadge shabbier than most Premier Inns, being (probably) a mite older.
No shocks with price.
Bedrooms perfectly acceptable.
Better than average bar and restaurant and, as is always the case at Premier inns, the staff are polite, friendly and helpful.
You will have no problems with this one.

Room Tip: Pretty much all the same, I would guess
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BPB_11
Reviewed 25 March 2013

this is our third or forth stay at this hotel always our first choice when using to stay if arriving back to the airport late, this time we only paid £19 for the night so was a real bonus , the room was very clean, comfortable bed and we were able to ajust heating easily .
the breakfast was as usual very good with plenty of choice hot or cold staff very polite and attentive excellent in fact

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2013

We recently used this Premier Inn as an overnight stay for Bristol Airport. It is further from the airport than I would have expected but easy to find directly off the A38 south of the airport with ample car parking. This was usual standard Premier Inn. Clean, comfortable, decorated in corporate livery. Everything worked - the bath and shower were fine. The heating system took a little time to make sense of but worked very well on a very cold night. The staff were welcoming,efficient and helpful. The Hotel is attached at the rear of a large old stone-built building which houses the Sidcot Arms - a Brewers Fayre pub. This provided the usual good choice of pub meals in traditional comfortable surroundings. These were nicely presented and service was prompt and staff were pleasantl.
All-in-all a very useful and comfortable place to spend a few nights in a lovely part of England or to stop over for the airport.

Room Tip: Rooms are accessed via a narrow spiral stair case. No Lift, so beware if you have mobility problems.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Winscombe
DoubleTree by Hilton Bristol South - Cadbury House
Penscot Inn
Penscot Inn
#1 of 1 in Shipham
Holiday Inn Bristol Airport

Been to Premier Inn Bristol Sidcot (A38) Hotel? Share your experiences!