“No where near the airport!!”

Premier Inn Bristol Sidcot (A38) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Winscombe
Reviewed 24 May 2013

The hotel was as you would expect of a Premier Inn - except virtually no reception for the 02 network. If you travel there in your own car you will have no problem. However, the hotel is 8 miles from the airport and there is no shuttle bus link to and from the airport. The taxi cost £21 during the day from the airport and a whopping £32 at 03:30 going back to the airport.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Leisa S
There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Bristol Sidcot (A38) Hotel

Reviewed 30 April 2013

We stayed at the Premier inn and Maria on reception was brilliant, chatty and helpful. Being vertically challenged I did find it slightly difficult trying to get up the narrow staircase, but the room backed on to open woodland and was just what Premier Inn are noted for. We ate in the Harvester restaurant - and they are what they are - sorry chaps a bit of a boring menu, usually deep fried, but you get what is promised on the menu. Having said that Hope Martin was our waitress and was really lovely, kind, caring and efficient. Paul the manager of the bar was also very friendly and helpful. The building is obviously an old hotel that was "possibly rescued" by Premier but was very clean and the staff were fun and good at their jobs. If Premier would consider just changing the menu with the seasons - it could be even better. Yes we will stay there again if flying from Bristol.

Room Tip: It is quite far back from the road so I don't think that a room at the front of the hotel would...
Reviewed 25 April 2013

We like to take life easy these day and so have a over night stop when heading home to Cornwall. Our regular stop was full so we use our backup. it is a bit tricky to get to from the M5 more so with the road works but we got there.We have stayed before and so know to ask for one of the older rooms if you get one you will understand why.The parking is up and down with disabled parking at the top the rooms are Premier large comfy bed good bathroom. the hairdryer did not work and I was told that I needed to turn it on at the wall?? I had done all of that.my fault!!!? Over all a good night sleep. But the breakfast is expensive at £8-25p thats £65 50p for b+b. If you took the meal deal your stay would be £94-98p costly I think I have stayed at the Grand Hotel Torquay, bed breakfast and dinner plus a bottle of wine for £109-00p for two. Still it met our needs at this time.

Room Tip: ask for a room in the older part of the building
Reviewed 17 April 2013

My wife and I have stayed in quite a number of Premier Inns and have always found them to be of good value, as was this one. However the reason for this stay was that we were moving home and needed accomodation while the actual selling of our old home and purchase of the new one took place. This Premier Inn was conveniently located close to both. No complaints - just two minor niggles (no soap in the bathroom container and no TV picture). Both faults though very quickly rectified by the duty Receptionist.

Room Tip: Not really
Reviewed 15 April 2013

The location of this Premier Inn was ideal for us when we needed an overnight stopover due to an early flight out out and late evening flight back for a recent holiday. As has been said in other reviews, the hotel could do with a refurbish as it seems to be quite a bit older than other Premier Inns I've stayed in. However, we found it clean with friendly helpful staff. Yes, the TV was dated but not a problem for us! The WiFi was good and the free 30 minutes was adequate for me.

I would not hesitate to use this Premier Inn if we need another overnight stopover when using Bristol Airport.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Simon C
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Good location, 9 miles or so from Bristol Airport - or about 10 miles south on A38. Pretty location, well away from aircraft noise. The building is set away from the road, and our room was even quieter being situated at the back of the building.

Rooms pretty much what you'd expect from Premier Inn - liked having proper twin beds rather than a double plus a roll away. My only criticism would be that the reading lights by the beds were a bit dim.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 April 2013

With Premier Inn, you pretty much know what you are going to get - I've stayed at around ten different ones and the beds are pretty standard and give you the good night's sleep they promise you. The bed was fine, the rest of the room was not!

Firstly let me say that the service was very good, the team are very friendly so this review is aimed more at the management / owners and when I say that the rooms are a little on the 'old' side, I'm putting it mildly!

I stayed two nights and on neither morning could I get a hot shower at around 7.30am. It was luke warm at best. The television in the room was one of the smallest i have ever seen - it was the old style ones, the box television, not the flat screen. Must have been 14" maximum and had I have watched it in bed I would have needed binoculars! OK, slight exaggeration, but in the end I watched it by lying bottom-to-top in bed!

The other weird thing was that I couldn't close the bathroom door when the toilet seat was down, the door was jamming on the side of the seat - a little cramped to say the least!

Heating wise, it was a cold couple of mornings and the only heating in the room was a wall heater (electric) on a wall thermostat. The ridiculous thing about it is that it blows out warm air but is positioned directly under the window in the room and the heat goes behind the curtains and out of the window. No sooner do you increase the thermostat and get back into bed at night, the heater goes off again! I could see my breath in the room in the morning when I got out of the shower! The heaters need moving to a non-external wall and away from the window,

On the plus point, wifi was reliable, good value at £3 per day (compatible with 2 devices), the breakfast was really good and the parking was conveniently close to reception.

To sum up: They need to invest in TV's, better showers, better heaters for winter. I will return, but more down to the excellent location and proximity to where I need to be, not because of the facilities there. Come on Premier Inn, show us why you're PREMIER!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Winscombe
Best Western The Webbington Hotel and Spa
DoubleTree by Hilton Bristol South - Cadbury House
Lyncombe Lodge Hotel & Restaurant
Holiday Inn Bristol Airport
Penscot Inn
Penscot Inn
#1 of 1 in Shipham
Hampton by Hilton Bristol Airport

Been to Premier Inn Bristol Sidcot (A38) Hotel? Share your experiences!