“Perfect!”

Mimosa Wine & Tapas Bar
Ranked #1 of 70 Restaurants in Carlow
Cuisines: Mediterranean, European, Spanish, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Carlow, Ireland
“Perfect!”
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Went here with 4 friends Saturday just gone, food was fab & service
Is great! I've been here a good few times & never been disappointed.. Favourite tapas has to be the lamb sliders, devine!

Wicklow, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Miss”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Went with my boyfriend last night after trying so hard to get into this place since Jan, my god it was worth the wait! Service was so quick, staff very friendly, food amazing and the atmosphere was great. We arrived at 7.15 as we wanted to be sure to get a table it was late and we leaving and the place was defo full but we still received 100% attention! My only small critique was we werent told how tapas worked, I knew as id been to a few tapas but my boyfriend hadn't a clue. The wine was tasty and dessert too. I have a thing against tipping as I feelni dont get tipped in my line of work or on a daily basis for doing a good job but the food was so nice staff so friendly and efficient we left a tip! We will definitely return!!

Carlow, Ireland
“Superb Tapas experience”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Spent a couple of enjoyable hours with friends in Mimosa last Wednesday night. Some of my friends were on holidays from the USA and Mimosa provided them with a wonderful example of the dining experience here in Ireland. The food was delicious and the service was generally excellent with my only little 'crib' being that the different dishes were brought to us too quickly. In addition the premises itself is excellent and a superb ambiance is created. Can't wait to dine there again.

Dublin
“Really fantastic restaurant in Carlow”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Feel so blessed to have Mimosa in Carlow. What a gem it is!! Reasonably priced, mouthwatering food, generous portions, fantastic wines (Malbec particularly good on my last visit) and really friendly staff all in wonderful atmospheric surroundings. Cannot recommend the restaurant enough! The only problem is everyone else is on to it too so it can be hard to get a table!!

County Kildare, Ireland
“I wanted dessert....”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I've been to Mimosa a few times with my partner, and to say the least the food was fab as always, also couldn't fault the wine. My only disappointment was the service. We had finished our food and were sitting with empty plates for a short while, we then flagged down someone for menus again, and were told that the kitchen was closing in 5 minutes, we were left sitting for a good 15 minutes before we were approached for our order to be taken. At this point we had already asked another member of staff for the bill. The fact I could see the staff member cleaning another table beside us whilst we were waiting to order (& we had been told kitchen was closing so we had made a rapid decision) was slightly disappointing. We felt rushed, then ignored.

2 Thank Robynlou8