“Great night. Happy Belly”

Jasmine Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 74 Restaurants in Carlow
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We had a great night out in this restaurant. The food was freshly cooked and the selection of wine and beer was v. Good.
Spare ribs were very tender in a honey sauce, my wife had prawns in garlic. Absolutely delicious.
The service was excellent and we were not bothered by the waiter/waitress as happens in a few restaurants. Toilets were spotless. They organised a taxi for us back to the hotel.
Brilliant!

2  Thank IMF1Belfast

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Lovely food, have eaten in the restaurant before but usually tend to get a take away. They have a menu that shows what dishes are gluten free. Staff are very friendly too.

1  Thank Sharon W
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I have tasted alot of Chinese food in alot of differnt counties and countries but the nicest Chinese has to be the Jasmine in Carlow. From start to finish you could not fault one thing. The staff are friendly. The restaurnant is spotless. Beautiful atmosphere. House spring rolls are to die for. They also provide a takeaway service. The quality and quantity are fantastic value. They do a buffet Thursday and Friday nights from 7pm until 9pm. All you can eat for €17.95 per person. Brillant choice available and good price. You really must try to experience it.

2  Thank April R
Reviewed 26 June 2013

If you enjoy Chinese food tailored to Western tastes and you live in, or are visiting, S.E.Ireland you'll find it hard to beat Jasmine on the Tullow Road in Carlow. We - myself and my favourite woman (she's put up with me for nearly fifty years now) - love the place. Now, we're not talking Michelin Stars - though on our many, many visits to Jasmine we've often enjoyed ourselves more than we did on a visit to a Michelin starred restaurant not a million miles from Carlow!
The atmosphere in Jasmine is authentically Oriental, the food is always delicious and the service is outstanding. We are usually looked after by the splendid Kevin who seems to know what we are thinking before we know it ourselves.
The menu is extraordinarily varied with an extensive choice of meat, fish and vegetarian dishes.(My favourite is the fillet steak Cantonese Style while herself swears by the "Chinese Bits" chop suey.) The wine menu is excellent and the house red is more than palatable and very good value. Speaking of good value, the regular menu is supplemented by early bird options, set dinners and a mid-week buffet all catering for these cash-strapped times,
In dozens of visits to Jasmine we have had only one disappointment - due, at least in part, to our own unwise choices - and then apologies were so full and recompense so prompt that we ended up the embarrassed ones. If you like Chinese and you haven't been to Jasmine go there tonight!

2  Thank Ken S
Reviewed 22 August 2012

I love The Jasmine. It is the best Chinese restaurant in Carlow. It's my local. The staff are lovely, decor is fantastic and the food is beautiful. Their takeaway is as good as dining in. They always give me a big bag of prawn crackers when I go to collect. The very best by far.

3  Thank Sheila312