“Really lovely stay here”

and 1 more site!
Red Setter Townhouse B&B
Ranked #2 of 12 Carlow B&B and Inns
Dublin, Ireland
“Really lovely stay here”
Reviewed 11 February 2013

Five us booked and stayed here last Saturday night, with the cost of hotels coming down in recent years it has been a while since we booked a guest house and to be honest when we booked we didn't expect much from here as it was very affordable, had plenty of secure parking and is in a fantastic location so we thought look its got all this going for it so the rooms, service or breakfast can't be great also but we were wrong, Service here is top notch, nothing is too much trouble, lots of help and advise about the town, where to eat, where to have a drink etc, bed's were cosy, room's very clean, breakfast was yum yum yummy, was offered more of everything , everyone left after a great sleep, a full belly and all saying any time we head to carlow again we will look for rooms here first. It is a real find this place and we will be back again .

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank ClareWithTheHairCom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 8 February 2013

We are having a great time in Carlow, Ireland with the main reason being the Red Setter Guesthouse B&B. The location of the Red Setter can not be beat as it is literally 100 steps from bars, food and shopping. The owner, Gavin, is very welcoming and the breakfast is delicious.

• Stayed February 2013
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 4 February 2013 via mobile

Wonderful sums this place up! Stayed two nights for my graduation in Carlow. Excellent location to pubs clubs and bars. Welcomed with a warm smile and all shown to our rooms. Given wifi password straight away. Fantastic private and very large car park at the rear, felt very safe leaving the car here. Tea/coffee making facilities in the room with two yummy bars of chocolate..a very nice touch! Breakfast both mornings was delicious and just what we needed after a good night in Carlow! Would highly recommend this bnb for anyone looking to stay in the heart of Carlow town.

Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Belfast, New York
Reviewed 21 January 2013

The B& B owners are Irish hospitality personified. Immaculate rooms, fabulous breakfast and fantastic location makes this the best place to stay in Carlow. I have stayed at other places but this is the best that I have been in. They go out of their way to make your stay comfortable. My son wasn't feeling too well and didn't feast on the full Irish breakfast as usual, they went out of their way and packed some food for him. Thanks to the sweetest couple - Gavin and Trina. We will certainly be back.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Cork
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I booked this B&B in Carlow because I was doing a holistic and craft fair in Tullow that week-end. I couldn't have found a nicer place. Triona, the owner and her husband Gavin welcomed me warmly and made me feel at home, showing me my gorgeous room, a double bed room. It was extrememly clean, very prettily decorated, very cosy, with everything you would want when you arrive from a long drive. Tea and coffee facility with even 2 yummy chocolate bars. The bathroom was very clean and spacious, with a little shelf to put beauty products. The power shower was brilliant and the room was nice and warm and cosy. Triona asked me if I wanted a hot bottle water and I thought it was so thoughtfull. I was chating to Triona, and asking her how to get out of town to visit a friend that evening, about 15 miles from Carlow, and after telling her jokingly that she had better give me very precise indications as I have absolutely no sense of direction whatsoever, she kindly proposed me to drive me there to put me on the right direction, and I would follwow her with my car! I was stunned by her kindness, but not only that, she then said that if I didn't get back too late, I could text her and she'd meet me on the road back and I could follow her back to the B&B!! I was so delighted because I genuinely have no sense of direction. Triona got me rid of the stress of finding my way around and made my stay so enjoyable and completely stress free. And she did that 2 days in a row, as I had to go somewhere else the day after. For breakfast, I said that I didn't want the irish breakfast, and you should have seen the plate she brought me instead! A full size plate filled with 4 different kinds of cheeses, (including Brie, yum!) ham, Parma ham, different salamis, a real feast! With that, scrumptious fresh brown bread that she buys every morning, with croissants, real jam, and even a lemon that I could squeeze in my tea! I also loved the private locked car park. I had such a pleasant 2 nights-stay that I wouldn't hesitate in coming back and recommanding this beautiful B&B to anybody, right in the center of town. Gavin and Triona have a beautiful place and are genuinely nice and kind. I left feeling happy and refreshed after 2 very restful nights sleep in a very comfortable bed. Thanks again to Triona and Gavin!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 October 2012

This must be one of the finest houses in Carlow for Bed & Breakfast .I have stayed now several times and always get a great welcome from the Owner Gavin.he really goes out of his way to make sure your stay is a very pleasant one.The rooms are very clean and Hotel standard,With shower/.Wc Tv phone and nice fluffy towels.I enjoyed my early cup of tea with biscuit.The breakfast served by Gavin is truly an Irish experience, .The sitting room opposite the dining room has a wealth of local information and some nice reading material ,I loved the books on Ireland past.The Red Setter has its own secure car park.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
france
Reviewed 23 September 2012

This was such a great place, at a really small price. Smack in the middle of town with private parking behind. Rooms quaintly old fashioned but very clean, and nice quality bedding and beds. Huge delicious Irish breakfasts with home made breads, and great coffee. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute staying here and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carlow
Seven Oaks Hotel
Talbot Hotel Carlow
Woodford Dolmen Hotel
Mount Wolseley Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort
Avlon House Bed and Breakfast

Been to Red Setter Townhouse B&B? Share your experiences!