“Perfect corner on a sunny summer day!”

Riverbank Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 71 Restaurants in Carlow
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Riverbank Restaurant is a award winning restaurant over looking the River Slaney. The restaurant is over two floors catering for large groups, families and romantic couples. Their is a extensive variety of food available ranging from Irish Beef to freshly caught fish to include scallops, crabmeat, monkfish, cod and a House favorite Seafood Pancake. There are also a wide variety of stir fry, curry and pasta dishes available. A la Carte menu and Early bird menu served from 6pm daily, Early Bird Menu is a three course meal which to include steak at no extra supplement for €25. We specialise in home cooked fresh food and have a wide choice of homemade dessert which are mouth watering just to look at! Also a special place for a relaxing Sunday Lunch with main courses priced at on €10.95. Looking forward to cooking for you in my restaurant. Sharon - Chef /Owner
Dublin, Ireland
“Perfect corner on a sunny summer day!”
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I was driving down the road on a motorbike with a mate when I spotted the river and it's little wood bridge so I thought why not checking around for a place to get a lunch. And I tell you, what a place!! Disappointment isn't a word for that colourful and charming restaurant.
We both got a main dish and to be honest, the gargantuan man I am could barely finish the plate that was garnished with fresh fish (I reckon about 4 different type..), veggies, chips, salad..! And all for a really decent price! We felt welcomed and the cherry on the cake, as we were seating outside, we had the pleasure to contemplate the river..!

• Visited September 2013

Ireland
“Wonderful birthday meal”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Recently went to the Riverbank for a birthday celebration with a few girlfriends and had a wonderful meal. The food was delicious (best fillet steak I've had in a long time) and nothing was too much trouble for the staff. The restaurant was busy on the Saturday night we were in but we never felt like we were waiting. The Riverbank is clean & welcoming with a wide range of choices at reasonable prices. A great place to have a relaxing meal.

• Visited October 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Family Gathering 2013”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

5 of us we went to try it out knowing that the annual family gathering (50 people) was due to eat there the next evening. We had a really excellent meal served to us by very friendly staff and the owner did the cooking. My sirloin steak was so flavoursome and tender and the plaice was fresh and served panfried with a tomato sauce. We felt really good about going there the next evening and that turned out to be a great evening and everyone seemed to think both the food and service were excellent. I would have no hesitation in recommending it. Next year we are in Dublin for our annual family outing.

• Visited September 2013
“HELLS KITCHEN !!!! I might need Gordon Ramsey to take a look at this one...”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I booked this restaurant early in the daytime for 6pm that evening.(6th August).The chef,Who I think is the owner was expecting it to be busy.Myself,Wife and Son arrived around 6.10pm.There was one couple with there daughter in the restaurant.Myself and Wife ordered from the early bird menu and our son ordered from the kids menu.Both of us had pate and toast to start.Halfway through this course my wife noticed green mould on her toast.Disgusted we where.On the verge of leaving but We had started to drink the wine we ordered and our son was eating his chicken curry,So awkward.We called the waitress over to show her and get some fresh bread.The waitress didn't even takeaway the bread with the mould on it.Not looking forward to the mains.Out it came...I had ordered the chicken and my wife ordered the fish.This was accompanied by a very over done potato croquet and Mediterranean veg.My chicken was ok but my wife's fish was tough and dried out.Seems like it was made earlier in the day and reheated.Then to top it off I found a hair on my plate.We told the waitress we weren't one bit happy.She came back to us minutes later to see if we wanted deserts.I laughed and said it can't get any worse..The both of us ordered banoffi pie which was nice.We left a few minutes later with a reduction on our bill for the inconvenience.The cook on the night seemed uninterested and was to busy snacking at the back of the kitchen.What a pitty the meal was a let down on the last night in Tullow.We had a great break in the Mount Wolsley hotel.

• Visited August 2013
“Clean & good value”
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Spotless restaurant.
Beautiful homemade food.
Menu to meet all tastes .
Family style & intimate setting available.
Early bird is amazing value at €25 ideal for a family function.
Disabled access is with current regs.
Chef hard working. Staff really friendly & able to handle large numbers .

We will definently be back.

• Visited April 2013