“mixed feelings”

Visual Carlow
Ranked #6 of 23 things to do in Carlow
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Experience your world in a new way. See thought provoking art in the largest gallery space in Ireland. Watch great theatre.Iconic arts centre in the heart of Carlow town, with four world class gallery spaces and a 320-seat performance space.
Reviewed 25 November 2013

After today's visit for lunch, I have mixed feelings about this place. It was my first time at this restaurant. I went along with my son. They don't have the KIDS MENU! At least I didn't get. I went in before the three gentlemen in suits, I found a table, we sat down and waited for the menu. Because the service first took up the three guests. Well, maybe they were regular customers, important for this place. My lamb was dry, potatoes not nice. I don't come back here fast.

Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

Great place , not sure if it fits in amongst the old buildings. But that's modern day planning in Carlow/Ireland . Good restaurant , but can be a bit pricey. In all lovely garden landscapes . Nice place for a lovely walk to contemplate life's little problems.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

The staff at the G B Shaw theatre could not have been more helpful. There is a row of seats at the front with an extra wide space to allow wheelchair access. At a gig last Saturday night there were three of us in wheelchairs and it was easy to get to the spaces where seats had been removed for us. 10 out of 10 for the staff and the layout.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

love the art and also shows seating great also once a month there re lunch time shows for older people with a cup of tea or coffee

Reviewed 30 July 2013

The food is second to none at the restaurant in the visual arts centre. went with a friend for lunch and were lucky to get a table as it seems to be busy at lunchtime most days. definitely would recommend it.