“'Sheer Luxury'”

Barrowville Town House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Carlow
Barrowville Town House
Ranked #3 of 12 Carlow B&B and Inns
Wales
“'Sheer Luxury'”
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Stayed here with my husband for three nights last month.on our last leg of our two weeks tour.what a beautiful old house,sooo tastefully furnished with lovely period furniture..our room was enormous and so was the bathroom,gorgeous old fireplace,two big windows with long thick quality curtains and the original shutters.the room was opulant with everything that you could wish there,big screen TV,Hair D, Trow Tea/Coffee/Water ect.Very comforatable beds.The breakfast were lovely and a huge choice.Its an easy walk to Carlow Town,very helpfull owners.Highly Recomend .

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Inverness, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2012

We spent a very pleasant and comfortable five nights in Barrowville Guest House in April this year (10-14th incl). Dermot gave us a very warm welcome on arrival, and both he and Anna made us feel so much at home in true Irish style. Our room was most comfortable with all mod cons, their breakfasts were first class and served in most pleasant surroundings. Although they were very busy, both Dermot and Anna were perfect hosts and always found time to have a chat and a laugh with their guests at breakfast time. All in all we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and hope to return sometime in the future. We have no hesitation in recommending Barrowville Guest House to anyone visiting Carlow.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Killarney, Ireland
Reviewed 11 January 2012

I have stayed at Barrowville Town house a number of times, and I would not consider staying anywhere else in Carlow. This guesthouse punches well above it's weight, and is comparable (and superior) to a hotel in several ways, not to mention the reasonable price for accommodation.

Dermot and Anna, the owners, are both friendly and helpful - on one occasion I had a problem with my laptop charger and they gave me a loan of their own personal charger; this was a lifesaver as I was on business and giving a presentation the following day. The rooms are very comfortable and have a real country house feel - however with modern fittings etc.

The breakfast is in a category of it's own; it is the nicest breakfast I have ever had in a hotel setting. You choose from an extensive menu and the food is cooked fresh to order. Breakfast is taken in a lovely airy conservatory looking out over the garden. There is also a reading room filled with beautiful old furniture and reading material for the use of guests. I cannot rate this guesthouse highly enough, it is a real pleasure to stay there. My thanks to Dermot and Anna and I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Arwenconsulting
Clane
Reviewed 17 November 2011

Normally when I stay in Carlow I would stay in a hotel however for a change I deceided to stay in a B&B and lucky enough I stayed in the wonderful Barrowville Town House. When I arrived I was greated at the door by David who was very kind and helpful. He showed me where breakfast is served and then he showed me up to my room. The room was beautifully furnished and had everything I needed. The next morning I was served a lovely full Irish breakfast by Dermot. The B&B is in a great location and is only a few minutes walk away fro the town. I will definitely stay in Barrowville Town House again as it is much better than staying in a hotel and at a fraction of the price.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Glenbrook, Australia
Reviewed 8 October 2011

My brother and I spent four weeks in Ireland and of all the places we stayed, Barrowville Town House was definitely our number one choice. Dermot and Anna were great hosts and we will greatly miss their hospitality and delicious breakfasts! Our room was nicely furnished with comfortable beds and a lovely view of the back garden and nearby mountains. Barrowville is conveniently located for day trips and within walking distance to the town center - restaurants, cinema etc. It was a great way to end our trip to Ireland and I hope to return in the not too distant future. Thank you Dermot and Anna.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Isle of Man
Reviewed 19 August 2011

We have stayed in Barrowville Town House many times, whilst visiting family in Carlow.
Dermot and Anna are so friendly and cannot do enough to ensure that our stay is as comfortable as possible.
The rooms are beautifully furnished and the breakfasts are fantastic, lots of choice and freshly cooked to order, just forget the diet!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Saskatchewan
Reviewed 20 June 2011

It is within walking distance of the town center but is a very quiet place to stay with a beautiful garden area. The owners are very helpful and pointed out places of interest. I really enjoyed the choice of pancakes for breakfast as I was a bit tired of the full Irish. Good parking place available.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends