“Great little spot in Carlow”
Review of Brasserie 15 - CLOSED

Brasserie 15
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: brasserie 15.Is a stylish & busy restaurant right in the heart of Carlow town.Great food and drink,fantastic surroundings,exciting atmosphere, reasonable prices.Open seven nights a week
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We live close to Carlow and do go out for food often enough but it always ends up in either a pub or café, this time we fancied something different. By chance we walked passed Brasserie 15 and decided to try it..

It was a warm evening and on a Thursday so we got a nice table at the windows, one of those window doors that you can pushed on the side and it gets real open. Great table as the breeze came in and it felt like we were on a foreign holiday with holiday music playing in the background.

They had 2 different menus, Early Bird and A la carte, we picked the Early Bird as there was great choices. Service was quick but still polite, never felt like they were trying to rush us..
You could pick from the Wine list but they had a full bar as they are joint with the Med Bar.
Nice glass of Prosecco for the lady and a glass of Peroni for the gentleman :)

I ordered the Bruschetta and it was one of the best I have had, nice to see side salad on the plate and not just a lot of diced tomatoes and pesto.

For main I ordered Pan-fried Fillet of Hake and my other half ordered the Rib-Eye Steak. I can’t fault any of the dishes and I do have a fussy man to please.. The waiter/waitress came up from time to time to check if we had everything we wanted.

Dessert didn’t fail either, after 2 courses I didn’t fancy anything heavy like Bread and Butter pudding and I was so surprised when the Trio of Chocolate came in front of me, it looked heavy but my god, it was a light and fluffy as clouds.. Yum yum!! The other half chose the Lemon Posset, this was something really out of the ordinary done as the fussy eater don’t do that many different desserts. He was also surprised. The Lemon Posset had a great taste of Lemon, nice twang to it and didn’t taste like they just added lemon juice from a pack, and it was nice with the butter biscuit.

The end price was a surprise as well, great value for money as the food was top standard, I think I can even bring my Food and Beverage friend, she has been around and even been to Restaurant Gordon Ramsay.. She knows here food :)

So I can really recommend this place.. Great for a date night, birthday or if you want to do a group of friends. Once you are done with the food just move over next door through the double doors and have a few drinks at the Med Bar, the night can only get better…

2  Thank Hejlena

Reviewed 17 July 2014

The owners and staff are just excellent. They cannot do enough to make you feel welcome and looked after. I booked a table for someone here and they hand delivered a voucher with a gift bag to the house also! I have just booked again after having such an excellent experience with them from start to finish! Give them a try, you won't be disappointed!

1  Thank Mrniceguyal
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Hidden gem. Absolute super service from a very friendly waiter... Early bird was amazing. We have squid and chicken wings to start. Tortellini and a steak burger for our mains. Stuffed and very happy. Worth a visit...

1  Thank Susan B
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We were looking for someplace to eat when our B&B manager recommended the Brasserie. Entered and was immediatedly greeted by the staff and seated in the dining room. My husband had the lamb shank and I had the duck confit. Both were exceptional meals. Had a lovely wine to go with the meal. The wait staff are very attentive and made sure you had everything you needed. If we are ever back in the Carlow area this is one place we will be sure to revisit. Highly recommended.

1  Thank AZRose94
Reviewed 4 July 2014

One of the better choices in Carlow town, this simple Brasserie attached to the Med Bar offers a straightforward menu of staples with reasonable prices. A stylish interior, with a friendly staff offering an efficient pleasant service, the food is competenent without offering a 'wow' factor. With good sized portions, a reasonable wine selection and a full bar service make this a venue worth considering particularly for larger groups. I have dined here on a number of occasions now and won't hesitate returning. Recommended.

2  Thank FreshEire A