“Family stay in carlow”
Review of Seven Oaks Hotel

Seven Oaks Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Carlow
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I stayed here paddys weekend 2014. My self and my husband were very happy with our stay here the staff were lovely and very helpful especially the bar staff they were great with our 3 year old little girl. Nice pool area , rooms were nice and the food was nice. We would recommend this hotel to friends and family and we would go back to stay here again, Over all experience here was extremely good.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jennifer O

Reviewed 28 March 2014

I stayed here over w/e of 21/3 to attend my nephew's wedding. From the time of arrival until time of departure the hotel was entirely faultless. Check-In was efficient; room size was nothing short of massive!
Food service at a large wedding can sometimes experience hiccups (I previously worked in hospitality); however this hotel was clearly well organised, professional and efficient.
I cannot recall the names of some of the staff who worked on that afternoon, but David was our wine pourer and a non-Irish female looked after our food-service; blonde-hair tied back and could not have been more pleasant. Also a young firs (I suspect might be part-time staff) looked after us very well.
Breakfast next mornign is buffet style but all food was freshly prepared and tasty. In short, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for value for money lunch/dinner or an overnight stay.

Room Tip: Mine was a corner room and absolutely massive for a single occupant!
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We stayed here st Patrick's weekend myself my husband and 3kids..... The staff were so friendly every where bar pool to the girls cleaning our room they could not help us enough so nice to see.

The hotel it's self had everything you could ask for brilliant menu for adults and kids rooms were a good size, leisure centre was excellent showers all had shampoo and body wash nice big towels and a quick spinner for your togs so bring wet togs back to room.....

These are all the small things that make your stay so enjoyable and relaxing...could not recommend this hotel highly enough for location your in the town but yet it dosnt seem that way to it's service and friendliness....

We have stayed in a number off hotels both home and abroad both with our kids and without but have to say this was one off the best ........

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank lisabyrne
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the seven oaks hotel last weekend for my friend's hen party and found the hotel to be fantastic. In the lead up to the hen, Aisling and all at reception were very helpful with any query we had and also gave plenty of advice about carlow and various activities there. When we arrived the staff couldn't do enough for us despite it being a very busy weekend for the hotel. The staff at reception, the porter paul and the poor guy who filmed our Bollywood class were great! They worked non-stop. This made the planning and organising so much easier for myself and the two other bridesmaids! I will def recommend the hotel and not only for hens but other occasions also. The food was nice and the rooms were spacious and clean. Thanks again to the staff there.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I stayed in the Seven Oaks Hotel with my husband, John, for a period of three weeks after a fire at our home in Carlow.
I will always be grateful for the kindness shown to us by the staff of the hotel during a stressful time in our family's life.
Everyone from Gina on reception, who greeted us with friendly smiles and banter, to the housekeeping and cleaning staff, were on top of their game. In fact, every member of staff I encountered were professionals. The bar staff, Keith, Ben and Joe, looked after us very well while the restaurant staff Micheal, Alex, Jackie, Clare and others couldn't do enough for us. Hotel managers Michael Murphy and Michael Walsh were exceptional in providing us with unrivalled customer care.
I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending the Seven Oaks Hotel to anybody visiting Carlow, or to locals, for that matter. As a Carlow resident, I was familiar with the hotel and frequented the bar and was a member of the gym for some time. However, it was only when I stayed here as a resident that I came to fully appreciate the calibre of the people who work here. It's a fine establishment and our every need was catered for during our stay.
The food is also of a high standard and there's a wonderful atmosphere in the lobby/bar area. In short, look no further than the Seven Oaks Hotel. Go raibh mile maith agaibh to all the staff for making our stay a pleasant one. I will always remember your kindness. Madeleine and John Brennan

Room Tip: All the rooms are of a high standard
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Checked into the Seven Oaks on a Saturday afternoon with my sister and we didn't leave the building until Sunday afternoon.
We spent the afternoon in the leisure centre before dinner in TD Molloy's restaurant and the nicest Caesar Salad I have ever eaten. The Seven oaks is a busy spot but the friendly staff always seem to find the time for whatever you ask for.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

60 members of 3D triathlon had a great training weekend in the Seven Oaks Hotel. They catered for our ever need including storing 55 bicycles. The staff were extremely helpful, friendly & efficient, The food was excellent & they catered for everyone with any special dietary requirements.
Aisling Holden made the organising of our weekend so much easier.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carlow
Talbot Hotel Carlow
Woodford Dolmen Hotel
Mount Wolseley Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort
Dinn Ri Hotel
Dinn Ri Hotel
#4 of 5 in Carlow
The Clink Boutique Hotel
Clanard Court Hotel

Been to Seven Oaks Hotel? Share your experiences!