Woodford Dolmen Hotel
Talbot Hotel Carlow(Carlow)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$123
US$152
US$143
Agoda.com
US$118
The Lord Bagenal Inn(Leighlinbridge)
US$159
Mount Wolseley Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort(Tullow)(Great Value!)
US$237
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Newpark Hotel(Kilkenny)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsfairy gardencarlow townmany occasionson arrivalfamily weddinghighly recommend this hotelsteakwedding receptionstaff were very friendlylovely hotelcouldn't faultfunction roomnext morningevery member of staffkeep up the good workwell worth a visitrestaurant staff
Reviewed 3 July 2014

when we first arrived we didnt realise how far from the town it was, but after a few trips in and out of carlow it wasnt that far at all, hotel rooms very clean and comfy and staff so friendly and helpful in all aspects, food was beautiful i had an 8oz sirloin and it was cooked to perfection, my partner is a fussy eater and the set menu wasnt for him so they kindly and without any hassle at all asked him what would he prefer at no extra cost , i tink the girl that served us was called alma , so it said on the receipt ,she was great very friendly , a perfect waitress. only one little downfall was that the breakfast on wed morning was perfect it was buffet, i couldnt wait to eat again this morning, but when we arrived to breakfast it was completly laid out different from the morning before,overall we had a fablous stay and will defo be back soon :)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
DolmenManager, General Manager at Woodford Dolmen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Good-morning zaraot,

I am delighted to read your 5 star review, thank you very much!! We really appreciate our customers feedback here at the Woodford Dolmen. I am glad to read that our location didn't upset your stay, at first we may seem out of town but we are in-fact just under a 5 minute drive to the shopping centre! As for your meal, it is very rewarding to read such nice comments and I will pass on your compliments to our wonderful chef and waitress.
I apologise for the change in format of the breakfast buffet... we are soon to renovate the restaurant and what you experienced was us trialing a new layout!

Many thanks again and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Woodford Dolmen Hotel.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Hi,
We are a group of bridge players, and a group of 19 of us recently travelled down to the Woodford Dolmen Hotel in Carlow. The hotel gave us a great deal for an overnight stay with Dinner, and we were delighted with the experience. The food was great, the bar prices reasonable, and the rooms were very comfortable and spacious. In particular though I have to mention the staff, who were absolutely fantastic, they were good humoured and extremely helpful and made our stay most enjoyable. We will definitely be heading back to Carlow.

Richard Kiernan
795 Sarto Park
Bayside
Dublin 13

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Richard K
DolmenManager, General Manager at Woodford Dolmen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Hi Richard K

Thanks a million for your review of our hotel. Customer feedback is a top priority for us here as it offer us the opportunity to improve on the areas that our customers see fit. It's great to read such nice compliments about the different departments and especially about our staff..... Mary, a member of our reservations, team told me about the sing-song in the lobby and mentioned that there were some fantastic signers aswell as bridge players in your group!!!

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon and maybe you'll bring some instruments the next time!

Thanks again Richard K,

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I had my sisters hen party last night Saturday night in Carlow and we staying in the woodford Dolmen hotel, the reservations staff at the hotel were excellent, they were always there to assist with any queries or advise that i needed the past few months, The Hotel was fabulous and the staff were so friendly and willing to assist in anyway they could. They made our stay so pleasant. I would definitely recommend this hotel. We had dinner at the hotel also and it was absolutely beautiful and the service was fantastic. Would Highly recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mazoct1979
DolmenManager, General Manager at Woodford Dolmen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Hi Mazoct1979

Thanks a million for your 5 star review... We appreciate our customers feedback here at the Woodford Dolmen as it offers the opportunity for improvement.
I was delighted to read that yourself, your sister and all the hens had a great time! I will pass on your compliment to the girls on our reservations team and to the staff working last weekend.

Thanks again Mazoct1979 and we would love to welcome you girls back again soon.... maybe for a 'hen party anniversary'!!!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Hotel is located just off the main road in a quiet surroundings. We arrived in the afternoon with our 2 kids and the receptionist at check in was very nice,check in was fast. Our room was huge and clean.Double & 2 Single beds with lots of space for kids to run & play.
Bathroom was very big too.
We went to the restaurant for our meal. Service was amazing. I don't remember waiters name,but he was blond and worked 5/06 evening he was really really good. Food was delicious and very well presented on the plate.
Breakfast was very good with plenty of choice. Again waiter at breakfast was very good and real gentleman (I think he was Indian). Check out was quick too.
I saw they had some gardens around,but unfortunately we had no time to go for a walk.
I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Anka323
DolmenManager, General Manager at Woodford Dolmen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Anka323

Many thanks for your 5 star review. Customer feedback is so important to us and it is rewarding to read a review as complimentary as your's. Our team work so hard to ensure that every customer experience is the best it can be and I was delighted to read that you were so pleased by it.

I will pass on your compliments to the staff members mentioned and may I suggest a returning visit later this year to experience our gardens in their variety of Autumn colours- a sight worth seeing!

Looking forward to welcoming you back to the Woodford Dolmen Hotel,

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Brought 27 Family members & Friends here for Dinner on the day of my Daughter's Confirmation.
From start to finish the Food that was served was superb & the staff all seemed to be well tutored as to how they could make it an enjoyable occasion for their Guests.
Anything that was requested was promptly provided with a smile.
There was "Free" entertainment provided later on that afternoon for the Kids in a large Ballroom adjoining the Lobby and this allowed the Adults to relax in the comfort of the Armchairs in the spacious Lobby while catching up on times past.
We had priced several Hotels in Carlow & Kilkenny prior to our Daughter's big day & i honestly don't see how any of them could better the package that was provided by The Dolmen Hotel.
In these troubled & difficult times when so many Hotels in this Country seem to have completely lost their sense of direction & are struggling as a result, it was a breath of fresh air to have a day out in an Irish Hotel where we were all made to feel special on my Daughter's big day.
Well done to the Management who are running the Hotel & to all their wonderful Staff (Except for the Muppet behind the Bar who used the "F" word in front of my Wife & Daughter). Congratulations & keep up the good work.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank dabudgetmix
DolmenManager, General Manager at Woodford Dolmen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Hi dabudgetmix,

Many thanks for your recent review and for choosing us to help celebrate your daughter's Confirmation day. I was delighted to read that you thought so highly of our food & service and will send compliments to the team who worked effortlessly in order to make your visit so special. Also, it was nice to see that the children enjoyed our Family Fun Day bouncy castle & face-painting and understand that it is the little things like this that make the day run smoother for all involved.
I am shocked to read the last comment about the staff member but I assure you that this is not the norm and the issue has been addressed with the relevant parties.

Thanks again for taking the time to leave the review and looking forward to welcoming you back to the Woodford Dolmen Hotel.