“fantastic value for money Noreen Co. Cork.”

Talbot Hotel Carlow
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Carlow
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Stayed at Talbot in Carlow on a three night 3 dinner break from 19th to 22nd february This was a tremendous value for money experience for us both . There was great service in all areas of the hotel The room was spacious comfortable and in room heating control. Liked this v much. Bed and pillows very comforting Great to have tea making facilities with biscuits added every day. The dinners were really scrumptious and a treat to get 3 fresh veggies every night. The desserts were a delight too. We visited the pool and Jacuzzi area Great size pool and enjoyed swimming there. Overall we found this Hotel peaceful relaxing great location and Excellent value for money Staff were always courteous and helpful .We will be back .....

Room Tip: 2nd floor south side nice and quiet
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
TalbotManager, General Manager at Talbot Hotel Carlow, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review based on your recent stay with us at the Talbot Hotel Carlow.

I was delighted to read that you had such a relaxing and enjoyable stay and that you were able to avail of the many facilities we have on offer. Your kind words in relation to the staff will be a pleasure to pass on.

Thank you again for your time in writing this review and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Talbot very soon.

Ken Battigan

Write a ReviewReviews (1,304)

Reviewed 20 February 2012

The hotel lacks warmth in the foyer. The bar is not cosy. Rooms very spacious and spotless. The staff are warm and most helpful. This hotel tries hard. Very hard. It is so better suited to conferences, meetings etc rather than a romantic weekend. Service excellent. The smoking area is under the bedrooms and the noise the night we were there was awful from idiots on some training course. Very badly situated smoking den. Ruined our stay. Never again.

Room Tip: at the back away from drunk smokers in their gazebo. better views too of countryside rather than car...
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Stayed in Talbot Hotel, Carlow for 1 night and i am glad it was only 1 night. The room was ok but there was an awful smell of stale smoke in the corrider and room. The food was alright and swimming pool ok. The hotel is ok for a 2 or 3 star hotel but its definitely not a four star hotel. I would not go back.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us at the Talbot Carlow.

I was very dissappointed to read your comments as we are consistently praised for our food and our leisure facilities also. I fully appreciate that although we operate a no smoking policy throughout the hotel some of our guests from time to time choose to ignore this and smoke in their bedrooms.

Again, thank you for taking the time to post your review and we will take your honest and constructive feedback on board and continue to try and improve our standards an quality of product.

Reviewed 17 February 2012

Myself and my partner spent 3 days in the Talbot Hotel (Sun - Wed) From the moment we arrived we were made to feel very welcome. The hotel is spotless throughout. We stayed in a standard room and I was suprised how spacious it was, the bed was very comfortable. Our deal included dinner in the restaurant for the 3 nights and the food was superb. The hotel was fully booked as it was Valentines and breakfast was very busy, but I have to say the service was fantastic. The staff were so friendly and helpful, even though they were extremely busy. The only one negative thing was the entertainment. I know it was midweek and most hotels are quiet, but there was no even background music in the bar (or if there was I couldn't hear it!) However, I would not let this put me off staying in this hotel again. From the moment we arrived until we left, we throughly enjoyed our stay. It was great value for money and I would highly recommend this hotel. I will definitley be returning to the Talbot in Carlow.

Dera Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review based on your recent visit to us here at the Talbot Carlow.

I was delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable stay and that you were able to avail of our 3 night offer. The team will be delighted to note your comments in relation to the service and quality of food you have commented on and I am sure that they would like to be associated with my thanks for your kind words. We have live entertainment every friday and saturday evening and on the occasion of your last visit I will certainly look into why our piped music was either off or at such a low level.

Thank you again and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Talbot Hotel Carlow in the very near future.

Reviewed 16 February 2012

Stayed here with three generations of my family, a party of 13. Check-in was friendly and efficient. We were accommodated in two family rooms and two double rooms on the fourth floor. The rooms were large and clean. The beds were comfortable except for the camp bed which my daughter said was uncomfortable.The hallways were quiet during the night so sleep wasn't disturbed. The swimming pool was clean as were the changing rooms. Dinner was standard and most of the party enjoyed it. Breakfast was lovely but you'd be advised to eat early as some members of our party didn't have breakfast till almost 10.30 and weren't as impressed. We could have availed of the kids club but did not so I can't comment on this facility. The staff were very friendly and attentive throughout our stay.

Room Tip: The rooms on the fourth floor were quiet
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
TalbotManager, General Manager at Talbot Hotel Carlow, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review based on your recent family visit to us here at the Talbot Hotel Carlow.

I was delighted to note that you found the stay a relaxing and enjoyable experience and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Talbot Carlow in the near future.

Reviewed 15 February 2012

Myself and my boyfriend stayed here for the weekend at the beginning of February for the first time. We received a very warm welocome on arrival and the receptionist explained the layout of the hotel and the amenities we could avial of. The hotel itself was bright and modern with very clean spacious rooms. Our deal included dinner in the restaurant which we enjoyed both nights. The set menu was excellent and had a good variety of dishes to choose from. Both nights we found the service to be promt and waiting staff were very attentive. Overall we found the staff to be very friendly and helpfull. The service was excellent and it was great value for money. We will definitley return to the Talbot in Carlow and would like to try the sister hotel in Wexford soon.

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review based on your recent stay with us in the Talbot Hotel Carlow.

I was delighted to read that you had such a relaxing and enjoyable stay and in paricular your comments in relation to our dinner service in the 4th Floor Liberty Tree Restaurant.

We are looking forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to the Talbot in the not too distant future.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 13 February 2012

I stayed in the Talbot Carlow last week on Business and from start to finish my experience was excellent. My first point of Contact was Lisa on reception when I called to enquire about availability.From the Time of my arrival I felt very welcome and fully informed of all the great facilities by Lisa. The quality of the Hotel & Food was excellent and I will definatelly return again. So much so I felt it important to share my experience on trip advisor. Declan O Callaghan, Sales Manager, Sony Ireland.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review based on your stay with us here at the Talbot Hotel Carlow.

I was delighted to read your feedback and in particular your praise for Lisa on our recption desk. Lisa was delighted to get the feedback as were all of her colleagues. Lisa and indeed all the team here at the Talbot Carlow would like to be associated with my thanks and appreciation for your kind words.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to the Talbot Carlow in the near future.

Ken Battigan

Also consider these accommodations in or near Carlow
Woodford Dolmen Hotel
#4 of 5 in Carlow
Maldron Hotel Portlaoise
Maldron Hotel Portlaoise
#3 of 4 in Portlaoise

Been to Talbot Hotel Carlow? Share your experiences!