“Fantastic Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Carlow
Kildare, Ireland
“Fantastic Hotel”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Thank you so much to the Talbot Hotel for a super relaxing and enjoyable night stay. From reception staff to restaurant staff and bar staff...you are all doing a fantastic job. The room was great and the food was gorgeous. The live music in the bar afterwards was very enjoyable. Have stayed here lots of times and it is definitely my favourite, highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tina L
TalbotManager, General Manager at Talbot Hotel Carlow, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Dear Tina,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and post a review of your recent stay with us here at the Talbot Hotel Carlow.

It was our pleasure to look after you and I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable time. Thank you for your kind words in relation to the staff and I know that they will be delighted with your feedback.

Thank you again for your loyal custom and we are very much looking to welcoming you back in the near future.

Talbot Hotel Carlow

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Greek first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 13 April 2014

As a regular to The Talbot we went there in March for 3 days. This is our second visit this year so far and the standard that the staff set on our last visit we thought would never being matched let along being exceeded.
We had our little girl with us and the comfort we got knowing that the kids club kept our girl busy and there was always different activities happening.
The food excellent, complaints to the Chef!
Thanks to all the staff for looking after us and making us feel welcoming and we hope to be returning soon.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Pat,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and post a review based on your most recent celebratory stay with us.

It was great that we were able to be a part of the celebration and I am thrilled that you all had such an enjoyable stay. It was also great to see that the kids enjoyed the complimentary kids club and I'm sure that our Talbot Tiger is looking forward to seeing them again soon. I know I can speak for the team here when I say a huge thank you for your kind words.

Once again, thank you so much for your continued loyalty and a happy birthday form all of team Talbot.

County Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 11 April 2014

There was a college ball on the same night I stayed there, I had to ask security to move them on from outside my window which they did no hassle and the rest of the night was blissfully quiet! Very comfy beds, room was spotless.
Food in the bar was faultless, really recommend it.
Receptionist and bar staff were really friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good, would like pancakes but that's probably just me! Wish I'd known there was a spa there before going, it looked lovely from what I saw.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask about events or balls in the hotel to avoid noise
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Hellie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and post a review of your recent short stay with us here at the Talbot Hotel Carlow.

It was our pleasure looking after you and I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay despite an initial noise disturbance. It will be my pleasure in passing on your kind words to the staff here at the hotel and it is always very rewarding when our guests recognise their efforts.

Thank you once again and we hope to have the opportunity to look after you again very soon.

Naas
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This hotel was really a lovely hotel I have been in (best so far). The staff are very friendly and will help you with anything. I would recommend this hotel to friends of mine and you reading this should go stay at it also.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank lmu90
TalbotManager, General Manager at Talbot Hotel Carlow, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and post a review of your recent experience here at the Talbot Hotel Carlow.

It was with great pleasure that I read your review and thank you so much for your kind words. We are all delighted that you had such an enjoyable stay and we are very much looking forward to having the opportunity in welcoming you back soon.

Maynooth, Ireland
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Stayed in the Talbot Hotel for 3 nights from March 29th this year, and what a super deal.... three night B+B and 3 evening meals all for only E238 for both of us...

All the staff are super , from Lorraine and her team on reception, who were great from the time we checked in until we left.. Connor in the bar, who is only there a short time was super efficient. and Michael the bar manager who made the Monday nite pub quiz so much fun.

The food choice for breakfast and dinner were fab, and all of the restaurant staff were so friendly and obliging.

Will DEFINITELY be going back again for more of the same .

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ajnje
Dear Guest,

It was our pleasure looking after you and I would like to thank you most sincerely for your kind words. I know that all of the staff will be delighted to read your comments and in particular, Lorraine, Conor & Michael, whom you have singled out for praise.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to the Talbot Carlow in the very near future and thank you for your continued custom.

Athy, co. Kildare
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I just had to review the hotel and team. I got married here on 21/03/14 and I have to say there was absolutely nothing the team could have done to make it any better than what I experienced. We had an intimate wedding of 30 for dinner and no more than 50 for the evening reception and the team made me feel like I mattered as much as a wedding for 300 people. They accomodated every request I made and considering I have children and couldn't go in for tastings and meetings, they absolutely nailed it thru reading my emails. The Wedding planning team are absolutely amazing, they really do make you feel special and that is all any bride really wants. The banqueting team made the meal perfect and the food was fabulous. The bar people at the evening reception were so accomodating and didn't make us feel like a nuisance even though it was 3.30am before we left the ballroom. The bridal suite was just lovely, comfy warm and had everything you needed and more. Breakfast was great, tho would have been nice to have been offered refills of tea and have the dirty dishes cleared off the table a little more regularly. The reception staff were wonderful and check out was a dream considering we had so many bits to collect to bring with us. I would definitely stay in this hotel again even tho it is literally down the road and I have recommended it to plenty of people as a wedding venue as the price is extremely competitive, the staff are wonderful and the hotel itself is just lovely and made to look beautiful for your big day. I just want to say a huge thanks to the hotel for making my big day so perfect and special!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Mr & Mrs Kenny,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and post a review of your recent wedding day held with us here at the Talbot Carlow.

It was our absolute pleasure in looking after you both and all of your guests on your special day. It is with great pride that I say a huge thank you to you on behalf of the entire team here at the Talbot. We are truly grateful for your feedback and from each ad every one of us here at the hotel, may I take this opportunity to extend our congratulations and best wishes for a long and happy life together.

Thank you once again for the time in writing and for choosing the Talbot Hotel Carlow.

Naas, Ireland
Reviewed 7 April 2014

First review iv ever written.

Was given wrong information on the phone by a girl who was not working when I arrived (surprise surprise) and the reception tried to charge me more than the agreed amount. Nearly 200 euro for a 1 night stay! ridiculous amount. Reception girls were useless and not helpful at all I would even go as far as they practically tried to bully me into paying saying that I did not give 24 hours cancellation notice and would be charged the full amount regardless (even if I didn't stay) I gave my card number over the phone and of course no cancellation fee was mentioned. Staff was not competent enough to do the job.

Outrageous stuff. After complaining to the girl who taught she was in charge she went in to the back to speak to a mystery manager who would not even show him/herself to the front desk to talk with us. I left and stayed in a different hotel for like half the price nearby. Agreed prices over the phone have to wrote down correctly with details including dinner,etc.

Will never stay in the talbot again. Got all the oldest tricks in the book of "oh theres only one room left,You will be charged full amount as you didn't give notice of cancellation (even though none of this was mentioned over the phone) I was standing at the front desk complaining for around 30 minutes and never even spoke to a manger?

Anyway theres 100's of hotels and the customer is always right. Il be taking me business elsewhere from now on and making sure anyone I know will not waste there money here.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Dara C
Dear Dara,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent experience of the Talbot Hotel Carlow.

Your review is extremely disappointing and as you will note from all of our other reviews, the issues you raise are completely out of character. The team here at reception are always in receipt of high praise from all of our guests.

If you like to discuss this further I can be contacted at the Hotel and may I once again express my disappointment. Thank you for taking the time to write.

Talbot Hotel Carlow
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carlow
Woodford Dolmen Hotel
Clanard Court Hotel
Dinn Ri Hotel
Dinn Ri Hotel
#4 of 5 in Carlow

Been to Talbot Hotel Carlow? Share your experiences!