“Really Relaxing break”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Carlow
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I stayed for a 3 night break in Talbot , Carlow, in Feb 2014.
I came with my partner, as a treat, while recovering from surgery. It was the best medicine.
I honestly don't know how they can provide such a service for the economical price we paid.
It was a midweek booking, 3 nights, B&B & Evening Dinner each night in the 4th floor Liberty Restaurant. I was amazed that each night the menu was changed, The food was presented in a style the chef should be proud of.
The accommodation, was a really spacious room, clean & comfortable, with all you would expect re: Tea, Coffee , TV etc .
The staff, from the moment we checked in, to the moment we left, were outstanding in their willingness to accommodate.
Although a quiet period, mid week/mid Feb, the hotel did have live music and a quiz night to entertain the guests.
A really fun night as it turned out, not too taxing on the brain .
This hotel also had a swimming pool , sauna and steam room.
While I would compliment all the staff for their attentiveness, I would like to say a particular Thank you to Victorija, in Liberty, she had the good grace to say," I remember meeting you before", . She had remembered meeting me before, in a different hotel, & when she worked in my hometown.
Talbot Hotel , you are doing a great job, providing such service, in difficult times.
But you will do well, with the staff and service and facilities you provide.

I look forward to my return visit!

Room Tip: Reception are really willing to help you, tell them your needs.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
TalbotManager, General Manager at Talbot Hotel Carlow, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time in writing this review on your recent stay with us here at the Talbot Hotel Carlow.

It was our pleasure looking after you and I hope your recovery is going well. It was great to read that the Hotel had some part in helping with this and I am delighted that you had such a relaxing time. It was equally great to see that you had the chance to enjoy some of the hotel facilities, including our complimentary Monday night quiz. I will pass on your comments to Viktorija whom I know will be delighted with your kind words.

Thank you once again for taking the time to post this review and we hope that the recovery keeps going well and you will have the chance to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Thank you to the Talbot Hotel staff for a warm welcome and friendly and courteous service during our recent 2-night stay. Wherever we went we were greeted with a smile and given great service. Special thanks to Lisa and the team on receptions or being so helpful.
We had a lovely time. The hotel is a little bit out of the town but a pleasant walk through the park makes it a reasonable stroll. The rooms were surprisingly spacious. All in all our break was great value for money.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and post a review of your recent stay with us here at the Talbot Hotel Carlow.

It was a pleasure looking after you and thank you so much for your positive feedback. It will be my pleasure in passing on your comments to the staff and in particular to Lisa whom you have singled out. It is great that you had the weather to enjoy a stroll to the town through Carlow Town Park and we certainly hope you keep bringing the good weather when you stay in the future.

Thank you once again and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Thank you so much to the Talbot Hotel for a super relaxing and enjoyable night stay. From reception staff to restaurant staff and bar staff...you are all doing a fantastic job. The room was great and the food was gorgeous. The live music in the bar afterwards was very enjoyable. Have stayed here lots of times and it is definitely my favourite, highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tina L

Dear Tina,

It was our pleasure to look after you and I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable time. Thank you for your kind words in relation to the staff and I know that they will be delighted with your feedback.

Thank you again for your loyal custom and we are very much looking to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

As a regular to The Talbot we went there in March for 3 days. This is our second visit this year so far and the standard that the staff set on our last visit we thought would never being matched let along being exceeded.
We had our little girl with us and the comfort we got knowing that the kids club kept our girl busy and there was always different activities happening.
The food excellent, complaints to the Chef!
Thanks to all the staff for looking after us and making us feel welcoming and we hope to be returning soon.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Pat,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and post a review based on your most recent celebratory stay with us.

It was great that we were able to be a part of the celebration and I am thrilled that you all had such an enjoyable stay. It was also great to see that the kids enjoyed the complimentary kids club and I'm sure that our Talbot Tiger is looking forward to seeing them again soon. I know I can speak for the team here when I say a huge thank you for your kind words.

Once again, thank you so much for your continued loyalty and a happy birthday form all of team Talbot.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

There was a college ball on the same night I stayed there, I had to ask security to move them on from outside my window which they did no hassle and the rest of the night was blissfully quiet! Very comfy beds, room was spotless.
Food in the bar was faultless, really recommend it.
Receptionist and bar staff were really friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good, would like pancakes but that's probably just me! Wish I'd known there was a spa there before going, it looked lovely from what I saw.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask about events or balls in the hotel to avoid noise
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Hellie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and post a review of your recent short stay with us here at the Talbot Hotel Carlow.

It was our pleasure looking after you and I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay despite an initial noise disturbance. It will be my pleasure in passing on your kind words to the staff here at the hotel and it is always very rewarding when our guests recognise their efforts.

Thank you once again and we hope to have the opportunity to look after you again very soon.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

This hotel was really a lovely hotel I have been in (best so far). The staff are very friendly and will help you with anything. I would recommend this hotel to friends of mine and you reading this should go stay at it also.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank lmu90
TalbotManager, General Manager at Talbot Hotel Carlow, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and post a review of your recent experience here at the Talbot Hotel Carlow.

It was with great pleasure that I read your review and thank you so much for your kind words. We are all delighted that you had such an enjoyable stay and we are very much looking forward to having the opportunity in welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Stayed in the Talbot Hotel for 3 nights from March 29th this year, and what a super deal.... three night B+B and 3 evening meals all for only E238 for both of us...

All the staff are super , from Lorraine and her team on reception, who were great from the time we checked in until we left.. Connor in the bar, who is only there a short time was super efficient. and Michael the bar manager who made the Monday nite pub quiz so much fun.

The food choice for breakfast and dinner were fab, and all of the restaurant staff were so friendly and obliging.

Will DEFINITELY be going back again for more of the same .

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ajnje

Dear Guest,

It was our pleasure looking after you and I would like to thank you most sincerely for your kind words. I know that all of the staff will be delighted to read your comments and in particular, Lorraine, Conor & Michael, whom you have singled out for praise.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to the Talbot Carlow in the very near future and thank you for your continued custom.

Talbot Hotel Carlow

Also consider these accommodations in or near Carlow
Woodford Dolmen Hotel
Dinn Ri Hotel
Dinn Ri Hotel
#5 of 5 in Carlow
Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa

Been to Talbot Hotel Carlow? Share your experiences!