“Class Hotel & Great for a Wedding” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Talbot Hotel Carlow

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Carlow
Bracknagh, Offaly, Ireland
“Class Hotel & Great for a Wedding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

I stayed @ your hotel for the wedding of Tara Davis & Adrian Bourke on saturday 26th of April gone by ( room 108 ) .as im assistant bar manager in a 5 star hotel myself , i can honestly say i love this hotel . as you know i would be looking out for every little detail myself in any hotel :-) ,i would highly recommend this great hotel .
From the moment we checked in , Receptionist was very helpful & friendly and even durning my stay , a big thanks to HAZEL @ reception who was great ( sorry for losing the matches you gave me ) lol :-) she was fab and any hotel would be lucky to have her .
Then to TICIA in the main bar who was more than happy to help me connect to the wi-fi code and even go out of her way to set my friends phones up durning a busy period with the wedding ,very helpful & so friendly .
Also to KYLE the bar man who was great at the cocktails ,he makes the best cocktails ever & also friendly aswel .
Then to the meal in ballroom ,all courses were very nice & couldnt fault a thing ,service was so professional and quick & everyone well looked after also . anyone i was talking to @ the function were complainant the meal .
To the room i stayed in ( 108 ) also seen other rooms durning my stay also . have to say very spacious rooms and lovely decor and so comfy/warm .
To the breakfast the next morning ,very nice also and plenty to choose from and again staff so helpful ,lovely view from the 4th floor aswel .
Thanks a mill for a great weekend @ your hotel ( all from wedding talking about you still ) . will be deffo returning when im visiting carlow again ,keep up the good friendly service & look forward to it again soon ..

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TalbotManager, General Manager at Talbot Hotel Carlow, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear Johnny,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and post a review based on your recent experience of attending the wedding of your friends.

It was our pleasure to host the event and I am delighted to read your feedback. Thank you for your kind words regarding the staff here at the Hotel and it always give me great pride to pass on such feedback to them. I am sure I can speak for them all, especially Hazel, Kyle & Ticia, whom you have named, when I say a huge thank you for recognising their continued efforts. Your feedback is important and is discussed at our weekly meetings in order to address any issues that arise.

Thank you once again for your time and for your kind words and I hope it is not too long to your next visit to the Talbot Hotel Carlow.

Talbot Hotel Carlow

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Greek first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Had a lovely break for Easter in the Talbot Hotel Carow. Hotel is lovely , staff are very friendly and the food was excellent . Have been here a good few times and have always enjoyed my stay ,its a good hotel for children and the kids club is great for them.

1 Thank lisamaria76
TalbotManager, General Manager at Talbot Hotel Carlow, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear LisaMaria,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and post a review of your recent stay with us here at the Talbot Hotel Carlow.

It was our pleasure looking after you and I was delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable stay. It will be with great pride that I pass your feedback on to the team here at the Hotel and I am sure that I can speak for them all when I say a huge thank you for your kind words. It was also great to see that your children had a chance to enjoy the complimentary Tiger Kids Club during their stay.

Thank you once again for your review and for your continued loyalty. We are looking forward to your next visit and we hope its in the near future.

Kildare, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

I really wanted to like this hotel but myself and partner found it to be a little on the grubby side, we ended up in a room without a bath as the room was a wheelchair room, the water from the shower went everywhere, there was only 2 hand towels in the room and i requested more and was told they would be straight up they didnt arrive until we requested them again after coming in from the pub. We ate in the bar which was pleasant, and we also had breakfast here the restaurant was very nice to look at but the cooked breakfast was only ok, mushrooms didnt seem fresh, staff were pleasant though.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Mel,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and post a review of your recent short with us here at the Talbot Hotel Carlow.

I was very disappointed to read that you did not find your stay as enjoyable as expected and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. With the exception of one or two of our rooms, we have a bath and shower in the guest bedrooms and it is regretful that on the occasion of your visit you were allocated one of the rooms without. I will speak with my Accommodation Manager as to why there was a delay in delivering extra towels as requested and I will also speak to my management team and the chef, in relation to your observations at breakfast.

Thank you once again for taking the time to post this review and I hope that we may have a future opportunity to restore your faith in the Hotel.

County Meath, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Just back from a wonderful stay at the talbot Carlow , really is the best family hotel in Ireland , from the girls at reception ( Lisa , Louise ) to the wonderful staff at the bar ( Sharon , Martin and in particular 'Conor' who has a really good future ahead of him class barman and person. The food , the children's club, the entertainment , location all 1st class, you have a great management team running truly wonderful staff. My youngest was crying leaving as she loved it so much. Cannot wait to go back to the Talbot Carlow , thanks for a wonderful family holiday

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Dazzer72
TalbotManager, General Manager at Talbot Hotel Carlow, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and post a review on your recent stay with us here at that Talbot Hotel Carlow.

It was our absolute pleasure to look after you and I was delighted to read that you all had such a wonderful stay. I know I can speak for all the staff here at the Hotel, and in particular those you have mentioned, when I say a huge thank you for your kind words. we all hope that there will be tears of joy when you book your next trip to the Talbot Carlow.

Thank you once again for your time and for your kind words and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

Just back from an Easter family break and could not have been happier with everything! We got a great deal which include breakfast and dinner, food was lovely service for dining was great and not left waiting around, all staff we're so friendly, rooms were lovely and comfortable, overall a brilliant stay would definitely take another trip back! Brilliant staff thanks guys :)

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the time you have taken to write and post a review of your recent stay with us at the Talbot Hotel Carlow.

It was with great pride that I read your review and it will be my pleasure in passing on your kind words to the team here at the Hotel. It is feedback such as yours that rewards all the efforts the staff put in, to make sure all of our guests have a great stay. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back for your next visit and we hope it is not too long before you return.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

just returned from a lovely easter break with family and I have to say we all had a great time.The staff in the Talbot are one of the best I ve seen in all the holidays ive taken in Ireland.From the staff on reception to the staff in the bar all so nice and courteous.The cleaning staff working on the rooms excellent.Both me and my children loved the pool it was the huge hit of our long weekend break.We are looking foreward to our next vist to the Talbot which we hope will be in August and im looking forward to sampling the lovely meals in the restaurant which the rest of my family told me about.Kids can t wait so roll on the summer holidays .

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and post a review on your recent stay with us here at the Talbot Hotel Carlow.

It was our pleasure looking after you during your stay and I am delighted to read that you glad such a great time. I would like to thank you on behalf of all of the staff here at the Talbot for your kind words and it is feedback such as yours that makes all our efforts worthwhile.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back in August and thank you once more for the time you have taken to write the review and for your repeat business.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

I only stayed for 1 night in the Talbot but I wish it was for longer, beautiful hotel, friendly staff and a great pool. The kids loved the adjoining rooms as it meant they had more space to run around. The kids loved their meal in the Restaurant on the 4th floor and then they went to the hotel run kids club whilst us adults had our dinner in peace. Food was amazing and service was brilliant. Couldn't recommend this hotel more.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
TalbotManager, General Manager at Talbot Hotel Carlow, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Dear Wendy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and post a review of your recent overnight stay with us here at the Talbot Hotel Carlow.

I was delighted to read that you all had such an enjoyable time and even though in was a short stay you had a chance to avail of the Leisure Centre and the complimentary Talbot Tigers Kids Club. We very much appreciate your kind words and thank you for the time in writing and for yiur recommendation. We look forward to the next opportunity to look after you.

Talbot Hotel Carlow
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carlow
Seven Oaks Hotel
Newpark Hotel
#4 of 18 in Kilkenny
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,781 reviews
Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa

Been to Talbot Hotel Carlow? Share your experiences!